“Great Foccaccia Bread-it's all they do”
Review of Liguria Bakery

Liguria Bakery
Ranked #5 of 117 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I love grabbing a slab of Foccaccia for the weekend. Go early. They frequently sell out of most everything before closing. The ladies can seem gruff (mother/daughter team). The place has been here forever and it feels like stepping back in time. They are great at what they do.

1  Thank patriotic

Reviewed August 4, 2012

It truly is a bakery. No place to sit down. Just go to the counter and order the very best focaccia bread you'll ever taste. It's old time Italian family owners have been there forever. Go buy a slice of heaven and walk across the street to a Washington Square Park bench to eat it. On the mornings of holidays, the line goes around the block with shoppers picking up special orders to go with their holiday meals. Locals from North Beach know it as Sorocco's.

3  Thank Crabit7
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was able to go in the morning & had the olive - cut up, to munch on - very yummy!...& reasonable. I have to try their other varieties the next time I visit.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My grandparents went here for their foccacia; my parents went here for their foccacia; and, I go here for my foccacia. Liguria's foccacia is a holiday favorite - every Thanksgiving and Christmas it is on our table....but that means I line up at 4 am the day before in order to get my supply (as does about half the State of California it appears). My favorite is the pizza, but the green onion; olive; plain and their new jalepeno are fantastic as well. It is hit or miss on the "service with a smile" during the holidays - but since they are probably starting their work day at 1:00 am and waiting on hundreds of people before most of the world wakes up, it makes sense. I have traveled Italy many times, and have been in the Liguria region multiple times - and to be honest, this bakery beats Italy's best (although in Portofino, the plain foccacia we found was very similar). Get in early because once they sell out for the day - the shop closes.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Love the raisin and the rosemary. Great to eat while you are In the 1+ hour for breakfast at Mam's across the street.