“Great place to visit”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Columbus Ave.
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Visited in sept whilst sightseeing in San Fran, went in for a beer but stayed to eat. Enjoyed the pizza! Staff were friendly and attentive. Would go again if ever in the area, well worth a visit

• Visited September 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Great pasta! Good service”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a great time here. The food was amazing especially the pasta. The waiters are also awesome and helped us out with some local knowledge. Would definitely go again!

• Visited October 2012
Van BC
“A Regular Stop Whenever in San Francisco”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband & I have been coming here for several years whenever we visit the city which we try to do annually. It is wonderfully located in a great building at 916 Kearny St near Chinatown/North Beach/Financial District. We typically have a tasting flight of wine, sit at one of the tables outside and have some bread, olives or something light with the wine and watch the world go by. It has a European flare. If you are a fan of Coppola's movies you will enjoy the pictures / mementos (upstairs & down). We noted during our Sept visit that the regular staff we have seen for years weren't there. Service is fine, friendly, helpful. We don't typically go there for the food but it is fine. We have had pizza, and brunch items (croque monsieur/madame; frittata). If you are in the area it is worth a visit. [I rate it 3.5 out of 5]

• Visited September 2012
“Fascinating classic movie ambience but average food.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had dinner at Zoetrope tonight with my wife and kids (2). No doubt, the place is interesting. There are memories of movie masterpieces, events and intense photos almost everywhere. You get the classic feeling of an italian/american diner, pretty refined, with discrete personnel and mirrors, so that you can see people sitting in other tables or if Al
Capone is entering the premises. A young and thin waiter had thick mustaches. Another touch of Sicily. Coppola is a Master and the idea itself to save a landmark like Sentinel Building is more than appreciable. However, ambience apart, what I enjoyed most was my glass of Malbec. I shared an average porterhouse with my young daughter, my wife had a less than average pizza and my elder daughter had creamy gnocchi. All at a reasonable price. I expected a bit more.

“Great Italian”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visited Cafe Zoetrope with a colleague whilst on San Fran on business just recently. We were hungry so it was bread (lovely) and straight for the Spaghetti Meatballs (recommended by the waiter). They didn't disappoint, the spaghetti and meat balls were fantastic as was the wine.

Highly recommend...can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2012