“Awesome!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Took the 8X bus from the Union Square area and made a bee line for this wonderful piece of Italy and wasn't disappointed. Bought salami, cheese, olive oil and other wonderful Italian goodies. The staff are so friendly and alot of fun. Gave us great restaurant recommendations of nearby places not in the guide books that were wonderful! North Beach is the "Little Italy" of SF and the neighborhood is charming and fun to walk around in.

There are newer reviews for Molinari Delicatessen

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The salami here is to die for. The sandwiches just rave in flavor and taste of perfection. If your looking to eat some very flavorful meats, that have that authentic taste this is your place. The staff was friendly, and I have been making it a point to treat myself here when i have the chance. The price is not to bad either. I love taking some one new here, not the best atmosphere to take some one to. But all of them loved the sandwhiches!

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Came here for a sandwich on the basis of rave Tripadvisor reviews. We both had very nice sandwiches but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here - there are literally hundreds of these deli-type establishments all over the city.

1  Thank YannJD
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Italian meats and wonderful smells of this little deli make you want to stop, stay awhile, and just enjoy the environment. Located in North Beach, it is the ideal spot to grab one of the best Italian. sandwiches you will ever eat. On my list as one of the best places in San Francisco. Only wish I would have taken some salami for the road!

1  Thank dvick_or
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Molinari's makes what is simply the best salami I've ever tasted. I was born in NYC, raised in NJ and have visited Italy several times. I know my salami. The warm, slightly smoky smell of fresh Molinari almost makes me dizzy. You can mail order it (I do) but heading up Columbus picking out your bread and instructing the counterman on the specifics of your sandwich is a delight. I love the chicken cutlet but this time got the sausage and peppers. Wow!The 4 tables for 2 on the sidewalk offer a wonderful dining experience. For dessert go across the street or up the block for a double espresso and cookies or cannoli. It's hard to do better..

1  Thank psyduck1947