“Unique ice cream - worth the wait”

Bi-Rite Creamery & Bakeshop
Ranked #1 of 144 Dessert in San Francisco
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Mission District
Austin, Texas
“Unique ice cream - worth the wait”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place always has a long line down the street. That said, the line moves quickly and reward is the ability to sample the many unique flavors of this wonderful ice cream. We settled on the best known and always available salted caramel. It was outstanding. We will definitely be going back to try many of the other flavors during future visits to the Mission District.

2 Thank rustycat83

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bonner Springs
“Only ice cream shop with crowd control barriers”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

When you see a line on the street with crowd control barrier you know something interesting is happening, a concert, a celebrity, or an accident. You don't expect to find a line for ice cream. We have a high standard for ice-cream. There are a few local shops where we are from that make some amazing gourmet flavors. Bi-Rite may actually beat them. The malted vanilla with peanut brittle and milk chocolate pieces and honey lavender were our favorites. It is worth waiting in line for.

1 Thank StealAway71
New York
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the line deter you as it's fast. The choices are unique and prices reasonable to sample 3 flavors. Tried peaches scoop and banana with chocolate swirl. Truly heaven on a cone. Freshly made. Enjoy!

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Heaven in a cup”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Best ice cream ever.... and I eat a LOT of ice cream.
The roasted banana and chocolate swirl, with a large helping of their to-die-for hot fudge, was fantastic. I could have eaten three cups. The brown sugar something or other was also delicious and, though it is a bit overplayed as a flavor, the salted caramel was fantastic... the best I've had.
If I'd been by myself, I would have been making a lot of happy eating noises; my only regret was that other people were around and I had to keep my joy (mostly) to myself.
More on the hot fudge: forget every pure sugar, vaguely chocolate tasting hot fudge sauce you've had. This is the real deal. Hot FUDGE. MMMMMMM>

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AmyLipton
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
“THE BEST”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I tried many icecreams at my US trip but Bi-Rite was simply the best! I had lavender honey it smelled and tasted so fresh and delicious!

• Visited June 2014