“Amazing ice cream at a decent price”

Bi-Rite Creamery & Bakeshop
Ranked #1 of 151 Dessert in San Francisco
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Wow. Just wow.

There was quite a long line around dinner time, even in the chilly weather, for good reason. Once at the counter, we were able to taste as many ice creams as we wanted. The flavor selection was quite broad with specialty flavors like salted caramel, honey lavender, and toasted coconut in addition to old favorites like cookies and cream. They also offer seasonal favorites and flavors of the day.

The shop is small with limited seating. Service and value are both top notch.

The ice cream is soft, creamy, and sinfully good. Sundaes and baked goods also looked tasty. I can't wait to go back for more!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Yummy wow this is the best ice cream. The lavender is really fantastic and the salted caramel too. Just about any of their flavors would make you happy.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Oh yum yum lick lick!
This place is ahhh-maaazzzz-ziiinnnggg!
Cute guys working behind the counter letting you taste different flavors. Double yum!

Came with my sister for the first time...and luckily it was a short wait. Just my luck :)

I had 3 scoops (honey lavender, salted caramel and coffee toffee) on a sugar cone. It was too good. I especially like the salted caramel flavor...totally beat the Fosselman's here in LA. OMG I srsly can't wait to go back to SF for another round!!!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Happened to be up in the city for dinner last Saturday but we were too early for our reservation. My friend who lived in the city recommended us getting some ice cream at Bi-Rite since we were around the area.

We drove past the creamery initially and saw that there was no line. However, parking on 18th is a b***h, so we circled a couple of blocks. 10 min and a parking lot later, we found ourselves back outside the creamery entrance, this time with a long line. Seriously, where did these people come from?!??

Anyhow, being Asians, we decided that it has got to be good since the line was long, and went on to join the rest waiting in line in the San Francisco cold. A windbreaker is highly recommended. I wish I could say that thoughts of the food warmed our stomachs, but well... its ice cream and that wouldnt be right. Okay, that was a bad joke, my bad.

I ordered the salted caramel and malted vanilla ice cream. It was a perfect combination in my opinion. Love love love the salted caramel. The ice cream was thick and the flavor strong. If it wasnt for dinner, I probably would have brought a couple of pints home for my secret indulgence. Mmm.

Will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is coming from someone who does NOT like ice creams. I am not at all an ice cream fan and was reluctant to have one here too. But my friends forced to try it out. One spoon of this heavenly ice cream and I was sold! They have so many different flavors - absolutely unique and so creamy! I loved the 'honey lavender' the most. Also, I had some banana flavor which was great. Since we went in a group of 4, we tried several different flavors (which I recommend is the way to go!). The only glitch was the huge queue. It was a windy afternoon and we had to wait for quite some time in the queue. Be prepared to face crowds at all times. But, at the end of it, the wait was totally worth it! Highly recommended!