“Salted Caramel Ice Cream is a Must-Have”

Bi-Rite Creamery & Bakeshop
Ranked #1 of 146 Dessert in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission District
South San Francisco, California
“Salted Caramel Ice Cream is a Must-Have”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

ICE CREAM
I live in the Bay Area and work in SF. Bi-Rite is a local favorite. You must order the Salted Caramel Ice Cream. You will not be disappointed!

SERVICE
You probably shouldn't expect 5 star service here. The establishment is very small and the lines can get quite long. From my experience, the staff are generally polite, but straight-forward (in other words, not much small talk). Try arriving on a weekday around lunchtime to avoid long lines.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Mybellyisfull
“Great spot for a sweet treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Came for dessert and was amazed at the variety and flavor of the ice cream! Super Sundae options, and incredibly friendly and happy servers! -I'll be back when I visit SF again.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Simply outrageously delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Never tasted ice cream as outstanding. It is exploding with flavor, had the salted caramel and can't wait until I can go back for more. Need to find out if they'll ship!

Visited October 2012
Mill Valley
“Still one of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I don't know, even though sometimes standing in line for twenty minutes seems like a long time, it really isn't; especially if you're with someone else or a group. Indeed, the cue time foments a kind of community spirit, and quite often the conversation is alive a lively. And the ice cream is superlative, with surprise combinations that delight the palate.

Visited August 2012
Visalia, CA
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife & I heard about Bi-Rite so we decided to give it a try. Despite some poor reviews we found the staff to be helpful & polite even though it was very busy (15-20 min wait in line).
My wife & I had 6 different flavors which we shared. I had the balsamic strawberry, roasted banana & creme fraich while she had the malted vanilla, salted caramel, & ricanelas (cinnamon with snickerdoodle pieces). I thought my flavors were better and she thought hers were better but we both agreed they were good. I would go there again if I was in the neighborhood.

• Visited October 2012