“Roasted Banana & Coffee Sundae was AWESOME!!”

Bi-Rite Creamery & Bakeshop
Ranked #1 of 146 Dessert in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission District
Annapolis, Maryland
“Roasted Banana & Coffee Sundae was AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were visiting SF and had to give this place a try....and it did not disappoint! Don't let the long line discourage you, it moves pretty fast - even on the weekend!

There are such wonderful flavors and everyone in our party loved their choices: Scoops of roasted banana, toasted coconut, coffee sundae and afternoon sundae!

Not sure why people have complained about the employees being rude. We had a ton of questions and they were patient and helpful.

We will definitely be back to try new flavors!

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great tourist spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Is this the best thing I ever ate? No... BUT it's hard to pass up some really good ice cream! I went to try the Sam's Sundae that I saw on the Best Thing I Ever Ate and although it wasn't the best thing I ever ate... it was truly one of the most unique desserts. The best way I could describe it is that if I lived there... I'd probably never get this sundae. It's a lot of richness and i wouldn't crave this flavor combination.

In fact, I might actually avoid this place all together [if I lived there] because of the long wait line BUT if the line was reasonable I'd get the salted caramel with roasted banana. I taste tested these and wished I had just gotten them after trying the sundae. I'm not disappointed with my option because if I didn't get the sundae I'd be wondering if it was any good. However, if olive oil on your sundae isn't your thing try the salted caramel. It is really good!

unanderra
“Long line”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Based on TripAdvisor reviews we had to try bi-rite.We had the banana split and it was the best i ever had but you have to be patient as its a long line up.Don't think i would wait that long again and for that reason i only gave it 4 stars.

Los Angeles, California, United States
“No matter how good Bi-Rite Creamery's ice cream is, I'm never coming back to this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

It's interesting I've never written a review before, and my first review involves me criticizing this place.

My first visit was on 8/25/12. I tried the Trifecta and I was blown away. The sweetness and bitterness complemented each other well. The ice cream was amazing, and I can see why people wait in line. It's weird though, I tried my best to enjoy the Trifecta, but I couldn't shake off how how RUDE the server was towards my cousin. It was her first time there and the vibe I got from the server was, "I can't believe this person doesn't know what to order. God, I hate these kinds of customers." My cousin wasn't sure what to order and asked a couple of basic questions. I understand there's 50 other people waiting in line, and you have to move the customers as quickly as possible. Believe me, these people know what they're getting themselves into, so they're willing to wait. Besides, the waiting in line is half the experience. Bottom line, I just didn't expect the unwelcoming feeling when it was time for us to order.

My second visit was on 9/15/12. My last experience wasn't a pleasant one, but I still came out because I wanted to give them a second chance. Plus their ice cream is pretty damn good. I wanted to try something different so I ordered the brownie sundae. The server (different one, she wore glasses this time) asked me a question but I wasn't able to hear it. I politely said, "Excuse me, sorry I didn't hear what you said." She than replied, "DID....YOU.....WANT....VANILLA.....ICE.....CREAM (with a condescending, sarcastic tone of voice)?" I was bewildered and I wasn't sure what to make of the situation. My buddy and I looked at each other and were like, "WHAT THE F....? Did I say something rude?" I get it, some people have a dry sense of humor and maybe she was having a bad day, but it's still uncalled for. I was trying to figure out if she was kidding or not, but her serious face said it all. Whatever it was, it doesn't belong in front of customers. I got my order, and I had that same feeling I got the first time I was here. I just couldn't shake off how rude the server was. I'm a pretty chill person, so nothing really phases me and that's why I came back to this place, but for some reason, the rudeness I received both times has stuck with me.

No matter how good Bi-Rite Creamery's ice cream is, I'm never coming back to this place. Seriously, how can you enjoy something when it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

9 Thank losthiker19
San Francisco, California
“Great ice cream flavors, late night spot! (long wait)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hole in the wall place with great, different ice cream flavors. My friends kept telling me it would be worth the wait while we stood in the serpentine line (it wound round the corner). The ice cream definitely made it worth the wait though. I tried the salted caramel and the honey lavender, both hit the spot!

• Visited August 2012