“beautiful views for sunset with large menu”
Review of Top of the Mark

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: California & Mason Streets
Transit: Powell Street Cable Car; California Street Cable Car
Description: For 70 years, the Top Of The Mark has been favored by both locals and travelers as the venue of choice, whether for an intimate rendezvous, a festive celebration or just plain fun. Located atop the InterContinental Mark Hopkins, the world-renowned sky lounge and restaurant affords a near-360 degree vista of San Francisco and the surrounding sights, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, the East Bay Hills, downtown and Twin Peaks.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a fabulous place to rest some tired feet at the end of the day, enjoy a nice cocktail, and take in the sweeping views of San Francisco at sunset.

We loved being able to gaze out the windows here at the end of the day, though regrettably as is often the case, with a great setup comes lackluster products. We enjoyed a few cocktails and an appetizer and were amazed by the price gouging for the average products. A bit of fresh home made chips, 3 cocktails and the tip totaled out to around $80+!

Granted they do have a large menu, but at the same time having a drinks menu of 50 or so cocktails and labeling (& serving) them in martini glasses does not make them a martini. It really just waists alot of time when looking through it all.

In general though, I would still return here for a quick drink at the end of the day as the views cant be beat and it is simply a very memorable spot to go, especially if this is your first time visiting the city

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My friend and I were part of a tour that began in San Francisco on October 11, 2013. We had the lovely opportunity to have breakfast at Top of the Mark two days in a row. The buffet breakfast was wonderful. The wait staff was polite and friendly and the food was top notch. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the city.
The buffet had everything you could want. It was the best buffet I can remember.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've been visiting San Francisco for years. From my very first visit, I started a tradition of going to the Top of the Mark for Irish Coffee, which is always great on a cool day. I decided to eat there this past visit. I ordered drinks, food and, of course, my Irish coffee. The food was well prepared and tasty, and the drinks and coffee were great.
And the view is fantastic!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate there after eating heavy meals that day, so we were thrilled that they offered a light menu. Each item was very flavorful yet low in calories & fat.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went there for breakfast, which is served as a large buffet, self-serve type of thing.
The views from all the windows are beautiful, as this place sits atop Nob Hill and is 19 stories high, so your view is extremely panoramic. Bring a camera or cell phone.
This breakfast buffet was the very largest selection I have ever seen in a hotel! If you cannot find what you like here, you really aren't trying. I mean, really, everything I have ever even heard of being offered as breakfast is right here. And the OJ and coffee are in keeping with the high class of this hotel, too!
I will definitely come back here next time I am in SF!!