“only ok, service is so-so”
Review of Zadin - CLOSED

Zadin
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Castro
Cross street: Hartford
Transit: We are two blocks from the Castro Station MUNI stop.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Adorable Sleek space with friendly service and good, or not always great food. My pho was strangely sweet, and that wasn't what i want from a Vietnamese place, so I'm only giving it 3 stars.

I have to say that since it was obvious the friends we went with were regulars, the service wasn't great, even a little slow and inattentive. (If the service is bad for regulars, it doesn't speak well to service overall.)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Seems like everytime I come here, at a dinner companion's suggestion, I have the same experience. Greeted and seated, menus and moments later a waiter/waitress and 'What would you like' and we order quickly and the food comes a while later and then your server disappears...

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stumbled into Zadin on Friday evening knowing nothing about it. The menu outside was very different from the usual Vietnamese food we're used to. It quickly filled with people who had been there before. We had grilled scallops in green curry and angus beef over steamed vegetables. Both dishes were delicious although the portions were skimpy and we left hungry. It is expensive quantity-wise. Maybe a good place for dieters? Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. We had to go for a slice of pizza down the street afterwards.

1  Thank hankmail505
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've been going to Zadin for years and it's always really good. Love the Salt & Pepper Calimari and the Shaken Beef. Wine selection is good and reasonably priced. I no longer live in SF but still love going back whenever I can. Friendly waitstaff and owners - they always make you feel welcome. See you on my next trip!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The title says the most. The vietnamese food here is good, unpretentious, but well made and we liked the place.

1  Thank mkabell