“Would wait for mamas instead”
Review of Cafe Divine - CLOSED

Cafe Divine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Union St.
Transit: Muni lines 39, 41, 45, 30 are within a half block. The Powell-Mason Cable Car stops two blocks away on Union.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Food was so so. 3 egg scramble was runny like water. Waffles are good, nothing special. They left all doors open in 47 degree weather. Nice and drafty. Would not return. Wait for mamas!!

1  Thank JordanandHil

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We came here after deciding the queue for mamas was just too long. I'm really glad we did, we had just arrived in San fran after a long flight the previous day and this breakfast was the perfect pick me up. Really really great omelettes served with lots of potatoes and a scone (or biscuit if you are American) the only thing that concerned me was that the biscuit had onion and cheese in it but I think that is a cultural thing so I just put some jam on it and went with it! The atmosphere is also really nice with music and great decor inside a really interesting building.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I were hungry tourists at lunch time, came upon, and walked into and out of this place. "Out of," because we sat at a sidewalk table on a beautiful fall day. My wife had a quiche of some sort, while I had a ham and cheese (not ordinary) sandwich. Both were very tasty and not unreasonably priced for such a nice cafe. Service was excellent. I'd go back again if ever in the area -- might even make a special trip to try dinner some time.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Order the banana & walnut waffles. Incredible.
Gorgeous place, amazing food, friendly staff and top location. If you're at Washington Square you'll probably see the queue's / lines for Mamas... which I'm sure is good but this place, just opposite is sensational!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had lunch with friends at Cafe Divine while in San Fransisco. A quaint, lovely decorated little spot. We were hoping for outdoor seating but it was full so we stayed inside. We were greeted with a personable staff member, but it took quite some time before we were actually waited on. The menu was very reasonably priced and much to choose from. The atmosphere was that of a big upscale restaurant, but with a cozy feeling. Many different coffee's and drinks to choose from. I opted for a grilled veggie sandwich on Foccacia bread that was so amazing! It had melted goat cheese with an array of tasty grilled vegetables, at a very little price! I would most certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone.