TripAdvisor

from $55.00
More Info
from $55.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2017

My brother and I had a fantastic day walking with Ben & Greg. We did a helicopter ride under and over the bridge and did a bridge to bridge cruise which were both amazing however the views we experienced on our 3 hour coastal walk were magnificent and the packed lunch over looking the top of the bridge with the city in the near distance was a dream come true for me.

They are both great guys and very informative, nothing is too much trouble for them, they even offered to carry my bag and the complimentary Sid's Lollipop courtesy of Ben was a lovely touch to an amazing tour and left me searching the city for more... We were sorry we didn't book a couple of their other walkings tours whilst there as we had 8 days in SF and the areas they covered we probably would have missed half of it and we felt very safe with them too.

The tour itself wasn't by any means tough but then again we were there for the views and a good walk not a hike! Pictures are fab and again thank you for the photo tips too. Highly recommended.

Thanks again Sarah and John (Jersey, C.I.)

1  Thank Sarah B
Ben D, Owner at Coastal Walkers, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

Thank you Sarah and John! We are so glad you had a memorable time on our Sausalito to Golden Gate Bridge walk. Please look us up next time you are in San Francisco--we'd love to have you join another one of our fun and scenic Coastal Walks here in Bay Area! Happy travels, Ben & Greg

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

Having seen The Bay Area by air( helicopter), land ( a friends soft top), sea ( sun set boat cruise), my wife and I always like to do a walking tour. Lasting around three hours including a packed lunch we had a fantastic time with these guys. Informative, informal but super fun. To learn more about this amazing city and wider area on foot use these guys. They are fantastic. A huge thank you!

Reviewed February 23, 2017

Wonderful "photo tour" of the Golden Gate and surrounding landscapes. Ben was the perfect guide: patient, knowledgeable, helpful, and interesting conversationalist without being overbearing. I had limited time on my recent visit and this was the best investment and value I could have imagined. Having someone else lead the way allowed me to focus (mentally and with the camera, both) on the experience, views, lighting and angles without being concerned with safety, distance, directions, etc. I am delighted with the photos and the suggestions from Ben for special shots. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

We had a fantastic day hiking with Greg on the Lands End picnic walk. The views were nothing short of spectacular and Greg is very knowledgeable about the history of the area so we learned a lot! Good exercise and the climb at the end is not for the faint of heart, but what a great day! Would highly recommend!!

2  Thank Jennifer M
Ben D, Owner at Coastal Walkers, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Hey Jennifer,
Thank you so much for the fine review & pic of Mile Rock Beach.
Yeah, after all of the rain we had, we really lucked out with the weather!
Happy Trails,
Greg

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

We spent a glorious day hiking through the Muir Woods with Greg. Everything was perfect. The weather cooperated. The scenery was AWESOME!! Greg is knowledgeable about the area and a great companion for the day. We walked at a moderate pace and he definitely accommodated a disability I have that affects my leg strength. I felt totally confident in Greg's ability to lead us through the woods. We definitely plan to work with Coastal Walkers again to plan a custom walk in the Bay Area.

Date of experience: December 2016
Ben D, Owner at Coastal Walkers, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your wonderful review!
What a great way to end/start the New Year!

Wishing you all the best in the coming year!
Until we meet again...