Tripadvisor

Ranked #35 of 156 Dessert in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Alamo Square
Neighborhood: Alamo Square
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here during a foodie tour of the Mission. The produce was fresh and unique. I had 3 different oranges that I have never had before. We will definitely come back and get some sandwiches and fruit to picnic with

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed May 27, 2019

The ice cream from Bi-Rite is amazing - a wide selection of flavours and helpful, friendly staff. Definitely stop in for a quick treat!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2018

Bi Rite as everyone should know, will know is that they have the best ice cream you can get! They have a great butchure and plenty of different cheeses and crackers and fog jam. The store has lots off options but it is not large like a Whole Foods. They great choices of all kinds of olive oils. Good selection of beer and some wine. Cheers

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I've been wanting to try some Bi-Rite ice cream for some time now. So, it was rather convenient that I found myself here while killing some time, while waiting for a concert down the street at the Independent.

The employee behind the counter was really friendly and gave me multiple samples, which was helpful since I couldn't make up my mind. I ended up choosing the Apple Cider w/ Bourbon + Apple Spice Cake & the Ricanelas to go along with it.

The Apple Cider/Bourbon was good because it was different from any ice cream I've ever had, and it had little Apple Spice Cake bits in there as well. The Ricanelas consisted of Snickerdoodle Cookie bits, and was equally as tasty.

Overall, I would say that even though the flavors I got were good, I wasn't blown away, especially for the price I was paying. I honestly prefer Mitchell's or Humphry Slocombe if I'm craving ice cream in the city.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank chris_young23
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I grew up on a stonefruit farm so I am very fussy about fruit. This place is reliable; they seem to vet their growers closely. People in the store are pretty knowledgeable ...

I have a friend who comes here, loves looking at stuff, but never buys anything because of the prices. I understand that. But for me, it's worth it, and quality calls for a higher price.

Date of visit: August 2018