“Interesting concept”

Ranked #11 of 303 Coffee & Tea in San Francisco
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Sunset
Description: Arizmendi Bakery is a worker-owned cooperative specializing in morning pastries, artisan breads, gourmet pizza, sweets, organic coffee drinks and more. We're located in the Inner Sunset, just two blocks from Golden Gate Park.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

There is only one flavor of the day but there were plenty of other yummy things to choose from if you didn't care for the pizza of the day. Fantastic looking cookies and pastries. Selection of the day was potatoe w/garlic cloves and pesto it would have been perfect if it had onions. $2.50 a slice isnt cheap but it was filling.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Just been to the Arizmendi bakery after recommendations from Tripadvisor. Despite store being near empty, I was ignored by staff initially. On asking if I help myself from the cabinet, was advised yes. When I came to pay, the staff member accused me of not using a piece of paper when feeling how soft the bread was. Considering how little attention I was given on entering, I'm surprised that he subsequently watched me like a hawk making my selection, and then had the cheek to accuse me of not doing it properly (I'm certain I did use paper, but even if I hadn't, that's appalling customer service). He was lucky I didnt just walk out. Definitely won't be using again and definitely would not recommend to others - there are hundreds of great bakeries elsewhere in SF. Avoid Arizmendi

1  Thank gummyphill
Reviewed October 29, 2013

On 9th street near the corner of 9th and Irving sits a little bakery that I would have just passed by if we were driving. But we were parked outside the Reliable drug store on the corner, and while we were sitting there talking about where to go next we saw a steady stream of people going in and out of this little bakery. We thought “maybe there’s a reason people keep going in there” so I sent my wife in to check out the goods. She came out with a big smile on her face and a bag full of baked goodies. She had already scarfed down part of a mint chocolate chip cookie and we enjoyed the rest on our long drive up to the Redwood Forest the next day. All I can say is AMAZING. The Italian cookie is a must-try... Almondy, sweet and chewy. Whew. No wonder this place is a local favorite. A must-visit if you’re in San Francisco.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

. . . it's worth the wait to get the best baked goods in San Francisco. This is not a large place and the line can be going out the door. Just get in line and wait. You will be rewarded by wonderful scones, pizzas, bread, cookies, and coffee. I was blown away by their sourdough pain au chocolat--I was surprised at how good it was to pair sourdough with chocolate. I also loved the ginger shortbread--what a great way to zing a crunchy, buttery cookie. Good thing I don't live in SF or I'd eat there every day!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

On A budget? Tired of eating bland pastry on haight street or at starbucks? This is the answer, bread, bread, and more bread! Go for their amazing daily slices, or just a morning muffin. The only downside to this place, is that well, some people really get anxious to feed their face, as who wouldn't? All the selections, and to go along with it, decent coffee ( but Drip'd I'd save your taste for, just across the street ). Pull up to my oven baybe, and let it bun! Ok, well maybe not that, but lot's of loving for this land of bread.