Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
All reviews courtyard room chestnut street marina district palace of fine arts free parking the golden gate bridge full kitchen lombard st the presidio crissy field fisherman's wharf within walking distance street noise bed was comfortable public transit two blocks garage
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

We were disappointed. Stayed 3 nights. The room looked nothing like the pictures on their website. Very small room. Basic double bed - not a queen even and not that comfortable. Very basic bathroom from the 30’s ! Toilet did not flush properly !!
No air con and the 30’s style heater was on the whole time. At least we were in the courtyard area as Lombard street is really busy and noisy. So opening a window was not TOO noisy.
Courtyard has flowers but otherwise looks better in the pics. Office staff were not that friendly which I found unusual.
I’m sure you can do better for your money in SF.
I won’t be staying here again.

2  Thank Gendoc1
Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Marina Hotel on Lombard Street, my first was back in 2015 and we had a courtyard room. This time we had a roadside room, and oh what a difference.

Firstly, the room was great, clean, tidy and comfortable and had all the amenities you would expect and on checking in the management did tell us about the noise from the road and did try and offer us another room but we had three people, so this wasn't possible.

We took our original room and it was great, but if you do have one of these rooms take ear plugs. ITS NOT THE MANAGEMENT FAULT that the road is noisy I get that but it really is noisy.

Even with the roadside windows closed, it's noisy and with no air-conditioning if it's hot outside the your only option is to open the rear bedroom windows and turn on the fans provided. Which we did, and so you can still hear the road noise most of the night, which if you're a light sleeper like me will keep you awake.

We accepted the noise and the Marina manager tried their best but can only do so much, so you have been warned and if you leave a review and do stay in a roadside room, don't complain to management, they tell you before you book. Two options...suck it up or find another more expensive hotel for double the nightly rate. And before you ask no I don't own the hotel it's just that I have seen other reviews about people complaining about the noise, the management tell you about it before, so don't blame them.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank flash_gordy
Reviewed June 18, 2019

Our room was on the main road, and while we were warned there would be traffic noise, we thought it would be OK as we could shut the windows. However, we stayed for 3 days in a heatwave and the rooms were unbearably hot. No airconditioning or even ceiling fans. So we open the windows to get some relief from the heat in the room and the noise is unbelievable, or we close the windows and roast inside.
Tiny tiny rooms - we booked a family " suite ", maybe I have got it wrong but the rooms were tiny, no space even to put suitcases, no table, no chairs, I would have thought a " suite " would at least have had a small sitting area.
Small fridge, microwave on top of fridge, coffee maker on top of microwave, thats how small the room was. After one afternoon there, I left my 2 friends and booked a room at the motel across the road - they would come over and stay in my lovely spacious room in the airconditioning just to get some relief from the heat.
Do not be fooled by the pretty gardens in the courtyard - there are not even any tables and chairs to sit in the courtyard to enjoy the garden.
Bitterly disappointed with this place

Room tip: Best don't stay there
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanie A
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

This is a great little hotel in the marina district of San Francisco.

The hotel rooms with a courtyard view are conveniently tucked away with single garage parking, very peaceful and quiet. I can’t speak for the rooms on the main road but the hotel does give advance warning of road noise should you book one.

The staff are great and super helpful and there are some great food and bar spots on Lombard, Chestnut and Union.. all within walking distance.

There is easy access to transport to get you to Fisherman’s Wharf and downtown San Fran.

I’d highly recommend this Motel. My only comment is there are no AC units nor fans in the room. We stayed during a cool time but in the heat of summer you will be rather hot when staying here.

2  Thank ReeceBurtonTabor
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

This motel was a quaint gem of San Francisco. It has parking for free. The outside is well manicured with beautiful flowers and trees.There is so much character in the room, vintage/antique feel. Would recommend this!! Great walking distance to a lot of restaurants, palace of fine arts, and Chrissy field.

Date of stay: April 2019