We were so happy we decided to make reservations for the Marina Motel for our recent trip to San Francisco. We really liked how it was located in a pleasant neighborhood and we felt safe here. Be sure to ask for a courtyard room which will be a lot quieter. The courtyard is full of beautiful plants and flowers which was a real treat for a gardener like me. The motel was easy to find when you come into the city via the Golden Gate bridge. Our room was clean and comfortable. It was a bit small, but full of charm and beauty. We parked our car in one of the little garages (they are pretty small) and walked to the pier and cable cars, and took a bus back at the end of the day. it was nice not to have to worry about traffic and parking. This place really is a hidden gem. Be sure to ask for the two-for-one coupon to Judy's so you can enjoy breakfast there one morning. You also have to ask for the password to use the wireless internet. The gentleman in the office was helpful if you asked a question, but he really didn't volunteer much information. For dinner, Mel's diner is a few blocks down the street and a good value for dinner if you want something simple and quick after a long day of sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco