Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews courtyard room chestnut street marina district palace of fine arts free parking the golden gate bridge full kitchen lombard st the presidio crissy field fisherman's wharf within walking distance street noise bed was comfortable public transit two blocks garage
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I always search for older motels/hotels that still have architectural charm and haven't been renovated too much whenever possible. The Marina Motel is a quaint old fashioned motor hotel built in the 30s. The rooms have most of their original charm such as the tiled bathroom and old doors and windows that open. You drive into a courtyard and there are flowers everywhere, even little window boxes. Some units have kitchens. The office staff are friendly and helpful.
The bed was very comfortable and the bedding very soft. The room was clean. We had a microwave and decent sized fridge and coffee maker. I knew from experience that SF is very noisy at night and we like to sleep with the windows open and I meant to bring earplugs. I ended up forgetting them but didn't need them, it was actually quiet and I slept very well. If you get one of the front rooms that face Lombard I'm sure it is a different story.
If you are one of those who love chain hotels and modern rooms then this is not for you. I like to wake up in a room and be able to tell where I am, which is not possible in chain hotels.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MarinaMotelSF, Manager at Marina Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

kmdjed,

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you pointed out the difference between us and the "cookie cutter" or "corporate" type places....Come back and see us again!

Reviewed August 24, 2016

A good motel situated about 20minutes walk from Fishermans Warfe, could be challenging if you have trouble walking. We loved it and said goodbye to the car for a few days in the garage that went with our rooms. We had a kitchen with everything that we needed and a bedroom which was more than comfortable. The Marina Motel is a family owned establishment with flowers growing everywhere which is beautiful. There is no air conditioning but that didn't worry us. For the cost per night we thought this was good value especially with parking. We would definitely return.

Room tip: If possible as for a room not on Lombard Street
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MarinaMotelSF, Manager at Marina Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Adelelawn,

Many thanks for the review!

Reviewed August 24, 2016

Had a great stop over at the Marina Motel for three nights. The room with the kitchenette was small but cozy. Parking was perfect. Staff was great and very helpful! Location is perfect for walking and catching the bus to Fisherman's Wharf! Perfect price! Highly recommend!

Room tip: We had a room off the main street and it was quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Snowbank22,

We always try to stay competitive....With guest having sooooo many choices of lodging in San Francisco, we're glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I panicked when I came to book accommodation in San Francisco when I realised most of the hotels were out of my budget and didn't include free parking. Marina Motel came to the rescue!!!

After reading the reviews I booked a courtyard room which was quieter and possibly a little more convenient to park my car (Dodge Charger which fitted perfectly into the individual garage) than the road facing apartments.

The room was clean and had a bit of character (large wooden dressing table and some pictures) which was a nice change...the location was perfect as round the corner on Chestnut Street were loads of decent places to eat in what seemed to be quite a vibrant area.

We actually walked both to the golden gate Bridge and to pier 33 for Alcatraz so cannot speak for the public transport. TV, fridge and WiFi all made the stay more comfortable.

In summary, a good value, comfortable, well positioned motel. Recommended!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank richardbP3078RB
MarinaMotelSF, Manager at Marina Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2016

Richard,

Thank you for the review! We're always pleased when we can welcome a new guest...And we hope that you'll be back again!!

Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Our room was clean. The motel has beautiful gardens and has floral paintings on the walls to complement the garden. It was far more affordable than other hotels that I looked at and it was close to a bus stop and plenty of good places to visit as well as excellent restaurants.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jody B
MarinaMotelSF, Manager at Marina Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Jody,

Thank you for the review!