I stayed there for our SF trip from 7/2 - 7/6/2014. This hotel is very unique, lot of flowers. It has feeling of Mediterranean Courtyard. Room is not big, but it gave me everything I need during staying. We toured around during the day. So we really just need a place to stay and shower. It is clean and big enough for me and my husband. We especially like it provides free parking. All first floor is parking garage. It is very convenient to walk to Fisherman's Wharf. Me and my husband like to walk. So walking 4 miles is not a problem for us. We walked to Fisherman's Wharf, Fort point, Museum of Fine Arts. We also walked to famous Zigzag section of Lombard Street. By walking we got to see things you might not be able to see while driving. It is rather quiet considering it is in Marina area. There are many restaurants around the blocks. We really like a restaurant in the neighborhood for breakfast. It is called Home Plates. It was recommended by hotel front desk staff. Front desk staff is very friendly. But don't expect to have high end hotel concierge service. But for the money and location and the charming layout, I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco