Make sure you book the courtyard, the streetside rooms are super noisy.
Love this flowery mediterranian style motel, clean room with a fully stocked coffee maker.
Free parking lot is the best deal in SF since parking is really a hassle business here. If you check out at 11am, you still can park here for additional couple of hours to stroll around town on foot.
Next to Fine Art Palace, awesome place, I can easily spend 3 hours here.
Cons: too far from the touristy famous fisherman wharf on foot.
But if you have 12hrs exploration plan, here is my recommendation:
Check out 11am,
Start from this motel to Fine art palace - Marina blv - fort mason, there is Safeway & Sbux accross fort mason so you can get your to go lunch/coffee then enjoy it outdoor in this area while enjoying the golden gate/ alcatraz/ greeny park. Better to fuel up yourself here, since everything is expensive in fishermans wharf.
Keep on rolling the coast line untill you reach pier 39, enjoy the street performers and the sea lions. And you will never know it is 8pm already ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco