I was very iffy about this hotel because its called a motel. Hotels in this area were ridiculously expensive so I took a chance and booked it. I was sold when I read free parking in private garage. I arrived to the check in room and the gentleman was friendly and he had his daughter doing homework on the side. That gave me that family owned and operated feel. My room was the first one facing the street. The inside was clean and spacious. Two queen beds, two rooms and a fridge. Bathroom was updated. Bed was not the softest and it made noise. My only complaint was the smell of dog in my room. They do allow dogs at this hotel and that smell would not go away. I opened all the windows and sprayed my Girly body spray everywhere. My husband and son couldn't smell it after a while but my nose is sensitive. We only stayed 2 nights so I just dealt with it. The location is superb and I recommend to leave the car parked and walk or use the shuttles. Parking is expensive in SanFran. You can actually walk to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco