“funky girls only fun!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warren PA
“funky girls only fun!”
Reviewed April 10, 2006

My daughter and I spent 2 nights there the first week of April (it rained the whole time- retail therapy was needed!)and LOVED everything! Our room was so cool and we even had our own Goldfish "Belinda" a sweet touch! We loved wine tasting and our Tarot Card readings were both unique and RIGHT ON! We hope they come true! That was so fun to share! It was near the shopping and they provided us with an umbrella even. Our only regret was on the last morning I discovered the Zen-like jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. We wished we'd checked it out the first minute we would've hung out there. And there was a Business Center we could've checked our e-mail on but we didn't investigate. I got a good price (I thought anyway) on Yahoo so it was worth every penney! We will stay there again- can't wait to go back!

We ate breakfast at The Grand Cafe and it was yummy.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank chrismarti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 6, 2006

I stayed at the Monaco for one night on April 6. I was impressed from the moment I walked in, especially in light of the fact that I stayed the previous night at the SF Mariott (avoid this hotel!). The 1920's building was nicely decorated in the Kimpton style, very trendy and well thought out. My room was very small, but exquisitely furnished with a queen canopy bed, DVD & VCR player, plus an excellent stereo. Everything about this hotel is stylish! They host a free wine & cheese party every evening at 5 PM, and have free coffee and newspapers in the morning. I highly recommend the place; it's one of the best in San Francisco!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Randy S
San Diego
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Stayed 3 nights for the WOW Whiskey event. No surprises and one of the most comfortable beds that I've ever slept in. Large Bathrooms. The staff was very good, no lines to wait in. There is a convenient business center on the second floor and the workout room is small but has all the equipment you need. Convenient Walgreens right across the street. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank MarkFisk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2006

The location for us was great but for $423.00 a night I was not particularly impressed with the Monte Carlo Suite. The carpets looked dirty,the drapes were very drab and the couch was very uncomfortable. What I did enjoy,however was the conceirge service and the fact I was able to use the spa(Which was the highlight of my stay.) The beds were probably the most comfortable I have ever layed upon and there was a very nice flatscreen tv in the separate guest room.
I don't think for that amount of money it was necessarily worth it because we ultimately got a beautiful view of Walgreen's and the bums that wandered about.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed March 14, 2006

This was the second time we stayed at the Hotel Manaco. The service was great, location perfect for theaters, shopping and restraunts. The rooms are very clean and tastefull decorated. We've stayed at a few other places in the city and feel we don't need to try out any more. We've spent more and less and haven't found better. Two thumbs up, we'll be back. Suggestion, if you go and plan on returning, it pays to join their "inner circle" we received a bottle of wine, choclate covered cherries and a free upgrade. We felt special :)

4 Thank mimbay
Hoboken, USA
Reviewed February 15, 2006

Stayed at the Hotel Monaco around the Holidays and my family really enjoyed it. The hotel is decorated in a tastefully trendy style. The lobby and other common areas are particularly impressive. The rooms are not large, but they are comfortable. Like the common areas, the room decor is interesting and well done. I give the hotel staff high marks for their courtesy and great attitude. The entire staff went out of their way to be helpful and make our stay a pleasant experience. After reading some of the reviews, I was somewhat concerned about the area around the hotel. After our stay, we actually liked the hotel's close proximity to great shopping in Union Square and felt the area was relatively safe. The area a few blocks away from the hotel is somewhat run down, but we avoided it by parking in the hotel lot and concentrating our excursions on the Union Square side. I would definitely stay at the Hotel Monaco the next time I'm in San Francisco. The afternoon wine tastings and free massages only add to the great experiance.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank The_TravelerUSA101
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 15, 2006

Stayed in a $400 per night suite this weekend in SF and was very dissapointed. Room was small and there were stains in the drapes, carpet and duvet. Ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night and the tissue box was also empty! The spa tub was cracked and the glass shower door came off while in the shower! It was noisy and the "view room" overlooked the wallgreens and yelling steet people. I'll never go back.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member