3,241 results
All reviewshotel monacowine hourunion squareliving roomgeary streettenderloincomplimentary winewine receptionmini barjunior suitehomeless peoplefew blockseach eveningfree coffeelocation is greatvalet parkingrooms are small
Reviewed April 3, 2017

The Marker was recommended by a friend I trusted. I was so disappointed.As soon as we walked through the front door. The filthy entry rug got my attention. Front desk service was not helpful. Light in lamp was burned out. Shower head fell on floor when I tired to adjust it. Fitness center had towels and water on the floor. Shower was the only item they addressed. However, Jackson the supervisor was a delight and very helpful when I went to him at the end of our first day. I would not recomend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Clayton B, Front Office Manager at The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Dear 23brittanyl,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry to hear that your time spent with us was not what you expected. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and clearly we missed the mark. I am, however, happy to hear Jackson was so helpful and will be sure to pass on your kind words to him. I'd love to hear more about your stay and welcome any additional feedback you may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at 415-292-0100 or you can email me at cbishop@jdvhotels.com
I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2017

We had a nice visit. The hotel was close to shopping - but also one block from the very sketchy tenderloin district (which my young daughter and I accidentally found myself in). The neighbors to our room kept us up until 3 am talking. I'm not sure they were that loud but I think the walls were very thin. Really nice complimentary pizza and wine at 5:00. Did not realize parking was $60/night plus gratuity. Rooms were small but charming.

1  Thank 883tamarao
Benjamin D, General Manager at The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

Dear 883tamarao,
I am glad that you enjoyed our wine hour and that you got some shopping in while you stayed with us. Please come back soon and safe travels.
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Had a nice experience during a two-day business trip. Neat, historic space, with an excellent rate for downtown SF. Food was good at the Tratto; I had the bacon salad and minestrone soup. Would stay there again. My only criticism of the room was a need for more USB ports near the bed.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Clayton B, Front Office Manager at The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear AinSF,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Marker! I am pleased to hear you had a great experience with us and that you got to try out the amazing food at our restaurant. Please reach out to us directly the next time you plan a trip to San Francisco, we would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2017

We recently got married at SF City Hall, and chose The Marker as our hotel for a few days.

From booking the hotel, to checking in online the morning of, everything was seamless and perfect.

The Marker is pet friendly (A Joie de Vivre standard) and although we decided last minute to not bring our beloved Butters (Olde English Bulldogge), we chose The Marker because it was pet friendly and had useful pet options for our stay (pet sitting, walking).

Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted in front of the hotel by extremely friendly and helpful valet service rep. Philip and Oscar at the front desk were very accommodating with our request to be on the same floor as the rest of our guests who were in town for our wedding.

Michelle with the concierge was super helpful with our requests (champagne chiller, multiple flutes - on the daily) and the multiple times we forgot/lost our room keys. :)

The rooms were beautiful and we couldn't have hoped for more. We stayed in a Junior Suite on the top 7th floor; the bathroom, separate living area and bedroom were beautiful. The decor we especially loved - it was the perfect backdrop to our 'getting ready' wedding photos.

We stopped by Tratto and sat at the bar where we were congratulated by the bartenders, and Henry in particular was very friendly and made us feel special on our wedding day. The martinis really helped us take a breather before our After Party that evening. Mahalo, Henry!

All in all, we plan on coming back every year for our anniversary and celebrating in a beautiful city we love, and at accommodations that really takes care of the guest, in every way.

Dear KatdelaCruz,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on your recent stay at The Marker! I am ecstatic to hear you stayed with us during such a special occasion and that our staff was able to make your time with us so memorable. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Oscar, Phillip and the rest of the team as well. I cannot thank you enough for all of the positive feedback, it is truly a testament to the hard work and effort our staff brings to the table everyday and I am so happy your experience at the hotel was nothing short of spectacular. On behalf of everyone here, congratulations! We wish you a lifetime of happiness and laughter. Please let us know when you plan your next trip to San Francisco, The Marker will be waiting for you!

Reviewed March 30, 2017

We have been using this Hotel for over 20 years and it is AAA+. Benjie is the first person you will meet when you enter and he is America's Best Concierge. He has been here for years and can solve all your problems - well almost all. We love the Marker.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Dear Bill R,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Marker! I am so happy to hear you continue to visit us throughout the years and that Benjie has been able to take such good care of you. He is certainly a rock star at what he does and we are very proud to have him on our team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to him. Please let us know the next time you plan a visit to San Francisco, we would love to welcome you back soon!