“Good food, service and price”
Review of Triptych

Triptych
Ranked #2,005 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: Civic Center Station hub at 8th & Market Street with underground station for B.A.R.T. and for SF MUNI. Easy Taxi service along Folsom Street, especially on weekends. Located on the Muni Bus #12 Folsom Street line and 1/2 block from the Muni Bus #19 Polk Street Line.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Bit off the beaten track but close to the carriage hotel we were staying at.
Staff we very helpful, food plentiful and flavorsome.
Enjoyed the atmosphere, seems to be mostly locals dining here.
Neighborhood a little grungy but up and coming

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We came as a group of seven and found out we were a day early for our reservation. The staff was very gracious and found a way to fit us in. The service was great and the food excellent. A number of the wines were unfamiliar, but the recommendations on both red and white proved very satisfactory. I had the salmon special : which was presented perfectly.
The prices were very reasonable, given San Francisco standards. Looking forward to returning soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Triptych is a bit out off the beaten path, an "up and coming" neighborhood and well worth it. The service was good, the food was excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Having eaten around the world for past 20 years, I found myself at this place where the server handed us the bill with a handwritten note that its customary to pay a 15% tip. I liked the food and they had some good German beers but not going to be back due to this tipping business. Could be a reason why they remain empty while other restaurants nearby are always full of customers.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Where to start! Our trip to the South of Market area began with our wanting to visit a diner we heard about but were disappointed to find that they were closed for a private party. Our gain! Just down the street was Triptych, a cozy restaurant with inviting dining area.

We were the first customers of the evening and we were served quickly. For appetizers we ordered the crab cake bites and clam chowder. The crab was really quite good and the dipping sauce complimented it very well. I make a really good clam chowder but I like to try it at other places to see how it compares. This clam chowder was quite a bit thinner than I am accustomed to but the flavor was fantastic. The cubes of potatoes, fresh clams and carrots in the broth were all done to perfection.

For dinner I ordered the lobster ravioli with prawns. Talk about delicious! Everything was just right and the sauce was great. If I had a spoon . . .

My daughter ordered the breaded pork loin. She was pleasantly surprised to see 2 very good size portions of meat arrive on a plate with mashed potatoes. The breeding was very tasty and the meat was juicy and delicious.

We are not dessert eaters but we decided to splurge and ordered the Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake and the Opera House Mousse Cake. The cake was nice but pretty rich for us however, the Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake was out of this world! One bite and we were hooked.

We had great service and great food. Who could ask for more? I just hope we get the opportunity to visit again soon.