“Great Peruvian Fare”
Review of Mochica

Mochica
Reserve with OpenTable
Mochica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #839 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cross street: 5th and 6th Street
Montreal, Canada
“Great Peruvian Fare”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am not very familiar with Peruvian cuisine, but I heard it praised, so I decided to give it a try.
The restaurant is surely not located in the trendiest part of the city, but the decor is perfect.
Friendly and efficient service throughout.
The cevice was excellent as the main course of fish.
I really enjoyed the experience.

• Visited March 2013

San Francisco, California
“team dinner”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

every dish was very tasty and we had a lot of dishes! From appetizers, to wine, to shared plates large and small, the flavors were exquisite, the wine enjoyed by all and the staff vwery nice and helpful.

Visited March 2013
California
“I guess I'm not as impressed as the rest”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We received a groupon as a gift. We had just returned from Peru and loved the food there. We were excited to try Mochica. We were seated at barstools that face the street, so you cannot see the restaurant or take in the ambiance. We ordered drinks. I had a glass of Malbec that was $9. The glass was maybe 1/8 full, so I wasn't too happy to start. My husband had the $8 sangria, which came in a very small glass. The free garbanzo bean appetizer was very good. My husband ordered cebiche, which was tasty, but small. I chose 2 small plates, the palta rellena ($7), which was pretty good (definitely not similar to any I had in Peru) and 3 small fried yucca balls ($9), which were supposedly filled with ham and cheese (which I couldn't find). Both dishes had the same two sauces, which I found strange since the dishes were nothing alike. My husband and I are not large people and enjoy small plate restaurants, but when we had to run to Blondie's to grab a slice of pizza after eating at a restaurant where we spent a $40 groupon plus another $25 with tax and tip, we probably wouldn't return.

• Visited February 2013
Trujillo, Peru
“the best Peruvian food seasoning outside Peru”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

pleasantly surprised on our visit to the city of San Francisco after visiting the area of the piers and the golden gate, incredibly found on the menu of this restaurant every dish representative of the Peruvian northern coast of traditional Creole food rich Peruvian National and sea food, flavor, aroma, texture, color, exceptional , which accompanied whit Peruvian beer Cusco and Peruvian Pisco, the service is fast ,friendly and the restuarant is immaculate, we had a nice meeting with a very good Peruvian food, I recommend it

• Visited June 2012
Glendale, California, United States
“Wonderful food, nice atmosphere definately good for a date”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Tried Mochica on a groupon was pleasantly surprised had the stuffed calamari very good wonderful peruvian food. I really like the friend garbanzo free app. The stuffed avocado app was really good. We also had the Peruvian style Paella tasted good but really was not a paella no crispy bottom the fish in dish was cooked perfectly the rice a tad underdone and maybe a little salty.
Atmosphere was good a little dark had trouble

• Visited December 2012