Lowest prices for your stay
$259
Free cancellation until 02/12/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
$259
Free cancellation until 02/09/23
Etrip
$199
2,483 results
All reviews corner room window seat hip hotel south of market high floor business trip bathroom door union square city view lobby starwood desk sfmoma moscone elevator conference valet
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

We stayed at this hotel last week for two nights in a newly-renovated room. Everything was as expected at a W hotel - friendly staff, clean rooms, good location, especially if you are interested in the SF Museum of Modern Art and the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. (Had a DJ playing loud music in the bar before dinner -this did not bother us as we expected it, but it may not be your bag.) The rooms are typically sized for downtown SF, but quiet, clean and newly renovated. I spoke with one of the managers (Nico) before my stay with a few questions, and he was really helpful and friendly. Highly recommend this property, and would stay again. IMO, much better value than the nearby St Regis - considering out needs.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views.
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank KASJackson_MS
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Typical upscale, modern design within the expected price range for SF. Service was very good and the hotel has a good location in the city next to the park. However, why does W feel the need to have a full on nightclub in their lobbies. My room was in the 20s and i could still hear the music from lobby.

Also, modern fixtures and furnishings are nice but when checking in to your room in the middle of the night, I don't want to have to hunt for the switches to the different lights that are hidden in the nooks and crannies. 1st world problems I know, but that's what these reviews are for ;-).

If not for the noise one night, a good price.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank panzertanzer
Reviewed July 30, 2019

My wife and I booked a room at the W San Fran for a mini vacay away from the Austin, TX heat. W insider Vanessa Mina reached out before our stay, and she was very accommodating. I told her that we were celebrating our first pregnancy. Once we got to the hotel, we were met with a thoughtful gift and card in the room. It was a nice gesture and my wife and I appreciated it very much. A great stay and an amazing babymoon! Thanks W!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank LANDIS C
Reviewed July 28, 2019

The restaurant is fantastic. Professional staff, clean environment, and really good food. The new pastry chef Kevin makes incredible homemade jam and other items. The management has allowed this staff to shine and I'll tell ya, it's fantastic food. Damian the server was a professional. The restaurant makes this an excellent hotel experience.

Room tip: Ask for a recently renovated room
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank TEC1230
Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

Sometimes you wonder how hotels get away with what the charge and what they provide in return. When you stay a this hotel that’s exactly how you feel. Too often these “cooler” hotel trade the aesthetic for service. They are in the right location and so charge accordingly, forgetting people expect to be treated with respect and people expect a base level of service at their location. I’m not going to waste too much time on this review. They don’t deserve my time. All I’ll says is that I stay in 5 start hotels all over the world and I definitely wont be back to this one.

From the rude receptionist who was more concerned about his look than checking us in - who then tried to up-sell me when I thought he was giving us a free upgrade to small pokey room.

Seriously. The St Regis is next door. Mental note for next time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank PDS8870
wsanfrancisco94103, Public Relations Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Hi PDS,

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at W San Francisco. We strive to provide an elevated aesthetic for our guest to enjoy with service standards to match, so I deeply regret this was not your experience. I recognize you have alternative luxury hotel options in our city by the Bay, however I hope for a second chance to provide a true W experience!

If your travels bring you back to San Francisco, please feel free to reach out to me personally. I'd be happy to ensure an upgrade to a guest room with a more functional layout!

Have an amazing week,