3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
WHotels.com$212
Expedia.com$212
Hotels.com$212
Travelocity$212
Algotels$234
travelup.com$235
2,483 results
All reviews corner room window seat hip hotel south of market high floor business trip bathroom door union square city view lobby starwood desk sfmoma moscone elevator conference valet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019

We spent two nights at the W this past May and we had a decent stay at the W. Service was overall OK and nothing special however the hotel is in dire need of a refresh. I've stayed in multiple W hotel over the years and this one really felt stale from a design perspective. Our room was poorly configured with furniture that aimed to look cool rather than be comfortable. The bar and restaurant downstairs felt sad too. I don't think we'll come back to this hotel next time we are in San Francisco.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank n8fire
Reviewed June 6, 2019

The hotel is right next to the Moscone Center where I was attending a convention. The room was great with a very nice setup and décor. The service is also exceptional with the employees going out of their way to see to your needs. I ordered room service and the food was excellent.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
2  Thank Agapito M
Reviewed June 5, 2019

The location of this hotel is really great. A short walk to Chinatown, or to the Ferry Building. The rooms are small, but well laid out. The renovated rooms are nicely appointed...however there is no real place to put clothes, other than leaving them in the suitcase. The breakfast offered are really good.

Room tip: higher floors have the best views. Rooms are relatively quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Ina B
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Planned ahead with Travis Wilson--since we were a large group--every detail was perfect. The food was delicious--perfect menu for a group of "ladies who lunch". Location is very SFMOMA making it a perfect spot to dine after visiting the museum!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Ekjasp
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I stay at the W because its close to my SF office. The staff is friendly, breakfast at Trace is delicious and affordable (for a hotel breakfast). They awarded my Platinum status with a room upgrade (renovated room, top floor, corner room) + welcome points. The hotel participates in Green Choice, which is a nice way to help the environment while earning points.

But I really dislike the dark lobby & its “club” vibe. There’s something that is simultaneously a little sleazy and a little sad. It doesn’t help that its down the block from a strip club.

That being said, I’ll continue to stay at the W when the rate is lower than the Palace bc of its proximity to my office.

Trip type: Traveled on business