Lowest prices for your stay
$259
Free cancellation until 02/12/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
$259
Free cancellation until 02/09/23
Vio.com
$199
WHotels.com$259
Hotels.com$259
Lol.travel$305
2,483 results
All reviews corner room window seat hip hotel south of market high floor business trip bathroom door union square city view lobby starwood desk sfmoma moscone elevator conference valet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I stay at the W because its close to my SF office. The staff is friendly, breakfast at Trace is delicious and affordable (for a hotel breakfast). They awarded my Platinum status with a room upgrade (renovated room, top floor, corner room) + welcome points. The hotel participates in Green Choice, which is a nice way to help the environment while earning points.

But I really dislike the dark lobby & its “club” vibe. There’s something that is simultaneously a little sleazy and a little sad. It doesn’t help that its down the block from a strip club.

That being said, I’ll continue to stay at the W when the rate is lower than the Palace bc of its proximity to my office.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank LGG3
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Very nice staff. Room is so old with a lousy view of a building and no natural light (not their fault - it is a city after all). This may have been remedied if the room decor wasn’t so old. Reminded me of a cruise ship cabin from the 80’s. They are renovating though - which led to a prompt start of constant drilling at 9am on the dot in the middle of a conference call that I had to take from the room. One positive - room service breakfast was delicious. Not at all what I would expect from a W hotel. I was really looking forward to staying here and definitely disappointed. Hope the renovations help.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank tinasue76
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking your time and giving us this valuable feedback.
I am genuinely sorry that we stained your far-from-perfect memory at W San Francisco. We are indeed revamping our room design and our team is working hard on allocating rooms around respective floors, communicating bumps in the road at check-in and in your room. However, on behalf on my team, we highly apologize for missing an opportunity to make your stay fabulous.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you are in the area or if you are giving us a second chance in the near future. We are excited for you to experience the new rooms.

Have an amazing week.

Never stop,

Natalia Silva
Marketing Manager
@wsanfrancisco

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

I’m lifetime Gold w/ Marriott and I was promised an upgraded room on a high floor when I checked in. When the rooms were ready, I was given a outdated room on floor 7 of 31.
Bed was comfortable enough but the room was on par with an Econolodge.
Old TV, broken ice maker on the floor.
Come on now- Marriott. Pick up the slack here.
This property is dated- stay at one of the other options in SF.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank purezephyr
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for your honest review, I genuinely appreciate the valuable feedback from a Gold Lifetime member. I personally apologize for the far-from-perfect memory we created for you at W San Francisco but also for the clear miscommunication as our Welcome Desk agent, most likely, had your best interest in mind. We are going through an amazing room renovation at the moment and we are trying our best to allocate our valuable guests in upgraded rooms as much as we can but far from the renovation beats. New product is almost here and I truly hope we can elevate your experience next time in town. Please make sure you reach out to me personally if you give us a second chance.

Have an amazing week wherever Bonvoy takes you!
Happy Wednesday.

Natalia Silva
Marketing Manager
@wsanfrancisco

Reviewed April 17, 2019

The public spaces (and that includes the elevators) are full of pumped-in, energetic music to create the vibe that is part of the W brand, but my upper story room was quiet. Housekeeping had missed some hairs in the shower, and I was charged for a $5 bottle of water that I intentionally kept my distance from, but the hotel removed that charge when I challenged it. I also got at least four emails with different invoices, and had to speak to the manager to get an explanation of what my charges actually were. The coffee in the restaurant could be improved; in the meantime, get your coffee in some of the excellent cafes in the surrounding streets.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank mrsirin
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

From the moment I walked into this modern, charismatic hotel I instantly knew I made the right decision to stay here. Upon check in, I was greeted by Nico. To say he was polite, caring and genuine is an understatement. He went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the absolute best it could be. Every single hotel needs a Nico working for them, clearly they did something right by having him as a manager. Our suite was absolutely phenomenal and took our breath away and had everything we could of wanted and more. From the amenities to the decor to the location everything is perfect. Do yourself a favor and book at the W in SF on 3rd!

Trip type: Traveled with friends