4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
WHotels.com$212
Expedia.com$212
Hotels.com$212
Travelocity$212
Algotels$234
travelup.com$235
2,483 results
All reviews corner room window seat hip hotel south of market high floor business trip bathroom door union square city view lobby starwood desk sfmoma moscone elevator conference valet
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

From the moment I walked into this modern, charismatic hotel I instantly knew I made the right decision to stay here. Upon check in, I was greeted by Nico. To say he was polite, caring and genuine is an understatement. He went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the absolute best it could be. Every single hotel needs a Nico working for them, clearly they did something right by having him as a manager. Our suite was absolutely phenomenal and took our breath away and had everything we could of wanted and more. From the amenities to the decor to the location everything is perfect. Do yourself a favor and book at the W in SF on 3rd!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Brittany F
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

I am a platinum ambassador SPG/Marriott member and just spent the past two nights at the W San Francisco. First of all, the work being done at the hotel is ridiculously loud. Good luck trying to sleep past 9am. Second and most outrageous, they apparently need to periodically shut off the water to certain rooms. Notwithstanding that fact they continue to BOOK THOSE ROOMS! Really unbelievable. When I called to complain they told me to shower at the gym. Ultimately they had me move to another room to shower but it is absolutely ridiculous that they would book rooms where the shower/toilet/sink is planned not to work during the stay. I have never experienced such a thing. I will never step foot in this hotel again and I recommend that you follow suit!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank John D
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it truly means a lot that you took your time and communicated this to us.
On behalf of my team, I am genuinely sorry that you left W San Francisco with this negative memory. We are indeed working on elevating our rooms and reinventing your next W experience but the noise and water shut down is not to compromise your overall experience as we are working hard to allocate our guests around our bumps and heavily communicate this with you on our website, in our rooms, and at check-in. I am so sorry that we missed out on providing you with the best W experience in San Francisco.

I truly hope you will give us a second chance and if so, please reach out to me personally.

Have an amazing week,

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

This hotel, while nice enough from a room and service perspective - and in a good location for the Moscone Centre - is under renovation and that means a ridiculous amount of unrelenting noise from 9am-5pm. They don’t tell you about it beforehand and still charge full price so be careful when you’re booking because you won’t be able to do any work in the room during the day, nor be able to sleep past 9am if that’s what you want. Management response was really poor when calling the Whenever Wherever line - basically it’s happening, too bad and also said there’s no better or worse room for the noise which sounds correct given the sheer amount of noise. Before staying call and check this renovation is over, or make sure you’re out of before 9, or simply stay at a close by hotel instead of here - the St Regis is just around the corner.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank robertpS8916AP
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback.
I appreciate your positive shout outs, however, I am genuinely sorry that our setbacks took away from your overall stay at W San Francisco. We are working hard on getting fabulous and with that, communicate through all channels, and allocating our valued guests around the restyling in the best way possible. I'm so sorry that we did not meet our standards in your most recent stay.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you are in the area or if you are giving us a second chance in the near future. We are excited for you to experience the new rooms.

Have an amazing week.

Never stop,

Reviewed March 29, 2019

So I travel almost every week, and end up eating a lot of loosey food at times. However I had the best granola and vanilla yogourt breakfast ever. The best granola you have ever had and wonderful fresh fruit. To top it off wonderful service from Damian who I had met a few months ago and remember him from my last breakfast there. Enjoy!

Room tip: High floor
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank stetsoninc
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

We like Damian too!
Now I'm craving granola...

Thank you!!

Reviewed March 29, 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights on a girls' trip. It is well located in San Francisco. The service personnel at the hotel are terrific. Many have been working there for a decade and they are very friendly, accommodating and knowledgable. The food and beverage is top class. Our room was sufficient, small but sufficient. They are currently undergoing a major construction which they did not tell us about when booking, the entire building vibrates and there is a machine noise starting at 9AM every morning. On my check out morning they shut off the water in the hotel from 9A-1P and I found out about it the night before so I had to wake up early and make sure I could shower before the shut down. Crazy that they give you no real warning of the state of the hotel. I do not know how long this construction period will be for but you should check before you stay there during it. I also selected this hotel because there was a "business center". There isn't a business center. There is a small hallway alcove on the 3rd floor right next to the staff toilets with two mostly broken printers, no office accoutrements and rickety computers (you can't print from your own laptop)...just embarrassing setup for business travelers. Anyway, it's a good hotel just has some rough patches.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank jill d

Hello Jill,

Firstly, I want to thank you for writing to us and leaving your honest feedback. Thank you so much for all the positive shout-outs too!
Now, I personally apologize that our hiccups stained your memories at W San Francisco, it's far from the standards that we are so well-known for. We are working hard on getting fabulous and with that, communicate through all channels, and allocating our valued guests around the restyling in the best way possible. I'm so sorry that we did not meet our standards in your most recent stay.

Please let me know if you are giving us a second chance anytime soon and please feel free to connect with me personally.

Have an amazing week!