W San Francisco
$175
$161
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$267
$165
$491
$194
  • Pool
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$228
$195
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$269
$259
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$240
$179
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$229
$269
$408
Hotelpower.com
2,268 results
All reviewsbliss spabliss productstrace restaurantpac mancorner roommoscone centertrendy hotelbay bridgemuseum of modern artliving roomyerba buena gardenslobby barsouth of marketbathroom doorhigh floorbusiness tripunion square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2008

The hotel is centrally situated and the staff were mostly friendy (I find ou always get the odd staff member who seems to think they are doing you a favour). The rooms were spacious and comfortable (we had 2 rooms next to eachother with a lobby outside) the glow in the dark Buddha was a bit weird though! The worst thing about the hotel is that it is directly above the fire station and the sirens sound through most of the night. This meant that the first few nights we stayed were sleepless until we adjusted and became accustomed to the noise. The lobby and the bar are far too noisy and most of the crowds seems to gather near the lifts which makes moving baggage round quite difficult.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Usually love the W hotels we stay in. This one, not so much. The SFW was a little too fabulous for my taste. Loved the lobby and bar. The room decor was a little strange. They wanted to go for a Japanese-y-modern thing which ended up looking more like stuff just stuck on the old W furniture. However, my 12 year old son and I agreed that the glowing fiber optic Buddha was very cool.

Generally, I found the desk staff a little stand-offish and not particularly welcoming, save one really, really lovely concierge. Service in the room was mostly great except for the bell services at both ends of the trip. There wasn't one anywhere in sight during the entire check-in. When leaving, we called down to have our bags removed from our room, after 30 minutes and a phone call we finally took our bags down ourselves. Gratefully, there was no traffic and our plane was delayed.

When traveling to SF again, we will probably go to the Westin.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2008

"Very nice stay overall. Stayed there on an almost sold out weekend of 6/28/08 for one night. As a plat member, was upgraded to cool corner room at the checkin (which is more spacious, got an extra window balcony to sit on). However, was travelling with friends so I requested a fabulous 2 doubles instead, no problems.

Lobby: The staffs were friendly and efficient, the lobby is very hip/chic just like what you would expect at the typical W hotel. I like the hotel ambience espcially at night, so pretty. You'll see many people hanging out at the lobby XYZ bars at night time (There's a DJ there too). There's an Acura MDX Experience counter available from noon to 7ish at night everyday which gives you an one-way ride to most of the places in SF area (except airport, of course) and we did take advantage of it during our stay. The drivers are friendly and no sales pressure which is an added bonus. But due to the popular demand, I recommend reserve your time spot early!

The Gym: Very nice, with complete sets of eplical machines, weights, and the swim pool /jacuzzi is right outside of the gym (which is very hip looking too). The gym opens 24/7 but the wet area only opens from 4am to 11pm. Bliss Spa is right across from the gym which is very popular for girls to have their mani/pedicure and other services but I did not get to try it out so I am not going to commend on that.

The Room: Some room can be quite noisy at night since they are right next door to a firestation (so for those who hates siren at night, you should request a room away from the firestation). Good AC (very quiet), and the lights in the room are very nice too. The bed is the typical W bed, not as heavenly as the Westin Heavenly Bed but certainly better than Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and other competitor's bed. I actually bought the pillow and the mattress topper home after I stayed at this hotel since it gave me a really nice sleep. That tells you how much I like their bedding. The room is towards the small size (~300 sq ft?) but still plenty of space for you to store ur luggages n stuff. The shower pressure is good, not strong like rainforest but enough to wash you clean. Toiletries is the standard Bliss Sinkside 6 (lemon sage scent) which is one of my favorite hotel product. One thing, the bathroom door has no lock and its very clear/see thru!! so be prepared if you are not comfortable with it! This is one of the thing that annoys me the most at this property but hey, its W so you need to be more open minded about it. Turndown service available on request every evening.

Parking: $42/night, 1/2 off if you drive a hybrid. Since its SF, I did not drive, its just so much easier to travel with their convinent subway system isn't it? Also, internet (WiFi) are free at the lobby so you'll bump into many people with their laptop throughout the day.

Overall: This is a good, well maintained hotel and the renovations gave the room more "freshier" look instead of the dark depressing color. Some people liked it, some don't. Of course, the price can be high for most people (at least 200+/night) but if you want to have fun, meet people or just want to enjoy the W scene, you should give this property a try. Don't stay there if you want a QUIET weekend getaway. W is all about fun :D

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Doraemon79
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I used to go to San Francisco very often for work and my company usually booked us at the W Hotel since it's very close to our offices and able to accommodate a large of my colleagues. It's about 35 minutes from the airport without traffic.

I've found this hotel at times very helpful at times but at other times very careless. The last time I stayed in this hotel was a little bit of a hassle. I had to fly in late the night I was supposed to check in. With delays at the airport, I was not in San Francisco until 2am in the morning and had to wake up at 6am for an early meeting. Knowing that I was going to be late for checking in, I had called earlier to make sure I will be okay and the reception said there shouldn't be any problem. Once I have arrived, I was told they were under renovation and my room is not ready until tomorrow...I then had to go across the street to St. Regis hotel (which I did not mind since it's a much nicer hotel) for the night and by the time I got into bed, it was already 4am in the morning and I had to get up a little earlier to check back into the W Hotel....

They felt bad for me and gave me a corner room once I checked back in and a Bliss gift basket which was really nice of them. The room is an average size and being it was just renovated, everything was pretty new and clean. The thing I like about this hotel is the gym which is open 24 hours so I can go late at night to exercise and it's nice and quiet because there is no way one could squeeze into the exercise room in the morning. The food at the restaurant downstairs is pretty good and if you want to go out, the concierge is excellent at getting a reservation for you.

The only thing that I'm not crazy about this place is the party scene since it could get really obnoxious and loud. I don't mind it if the scene were a little further away from the entrance to the elevator. I was once harassed by a random man during a party night near the elevator but I told him to bug off! Since then, I felt like I had to make a dash for the elevator every time there was a party going on.

The hotel is not very far from Union Square and takes about 10 minutes to walk there and it's also right next to MOMA SF. I wouldn't mind staying in this hotel again on vacation if they could just move the party scene further away from the elevator...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Why did we go back to a W Hotel? Only because we were attending a meeting in this hotel. I am TIRED of their snooty attitudes! They truly need to get over themselves. Nobody smiled. The agent that checked us in was borderline rude. We drove in and parked in their garage. It was $43 plus tax for a total of $50 per night to park a car! I was so disappointed to see our rooms decor was so juvenile. It truly looked like a childs rooms. There was a desk with lots of cubbies that contained a Buddah that changed colors, little china doll decorations and other junk I didn't "get".?? The bathroom was small with a tub /shower. They gave us one little bar of soap that we had to keep moving from the shower to the sink. Even the next day they didn't replace the soap or leave a fresh little bar! The beds were hard and the sheets were stiff.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business