“Stylish and convenient”

W San Francisco
Ranked #69 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Warm, efficient welcome, a buzzy, stylish lobby, great views (including Bay to Breakers parade) wonderful bed, well-designed amenities
and right next to SFMoma Complimentary coffee is lobby is a nice touch, and garage works well

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing Yerba Buena Gardens
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Staying here for a conference at the Moscone Center, which is right across the street. Can't beat the location for convenience. Very cool lobby bar. Extremely helpful staff. I chose this hotel because I always stay at a W Hotel in NYC. Compared to the New York W hotels, the rooms in the W SF are quite spacious. I have a corner room that adjoins my sons' double room, and they have been perfect for our needs. As always, you can't beat a W for beds, linens, and bath products.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Alexa W, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our location is perfect for business travelers as we are across Moscone Center and near many businesses. The Living Room bar is very popular for locals and guests alike. The Cool Corner Suite has incredible views and offers quite a bit of space to unwind. I’m glad that the Talent made an impression on you and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed there for a conference at the Moscone which is a convenient 1 block away. I was very pleased with my experience. The room was nice and cozy, the bar downstairs serves very good food and drinks. The bar seems to be popular with the local business crowd as well as there is always plenty of people. The staff is very attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are conveniently located in Financial District and near many popular attractions. The Living Room bar food and cocktails are made from local ingredients, providing guests with a taste of San Francisco. I will be sure to share you compliments with the Talent. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Cool corner suite is perfect size. Staff are attentive and have great knowledge, particularly the main concierge! The hotel has great views and is accessible to the main street. Recommended for those who want pampering and convenience.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip. Our Cool Corner suite is not only spacious, but offers some of the best views of San Francisco. Our Talent strives to create a memorable stay for each guest so I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself. I will pass along your compliments to our concierge. He is very knowledgeable of what the best things to do are and excellent at tailoring that experience to the places you would enjoy most. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The lobby is quite a scene! Like most W hotels, they are in fabulous locations but very small rooms. I went with a group of girlfriends, we had a wonderful time exploring the city and we found the concierge to be a big help. I would ask for a room closer to the elevator as it can become quite a maze. Its in Soma but very close to union square and walking distance to the financial area and the ferry terminal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We are a lively property with many locals and guests alike often mingling in the Living Room. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to explore the city while you were here. Our location is perfect for that. Not only are many popular attractions within walking distance, but we are also close to the Bart and other public transportation. I will be sure to pass your compliments to our concierge. They always know the best places to eat and shop. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Good location and friendly front desk staff. The service in the lounge was slow but it has a good vib so we didn;t mind.

Our last morning of a four night stay we were woken by a knock on the door at 6:45am by a staff member asking if we ordered shampoo... we then heard her continue down the hall knocking on each door to ask. This was, and still is, unbelieable someone would do this! We had to turn off the ac and heat at night as it made a wall light rattle so loud we could not sleep.

For the $$ stay at a Westin or St Regis.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Alexa W, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hi,

We are in the heart of the city making it easy to get to all the most popular attractions. I apologize for the early morning disruption. This is not a usual occurrence by our Talent and I will be sure to pass along your feedback to ensure this instance does not happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity to create a positive experience on your next visit.

Alexandra W - Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Thin walls, a shower rose that wouldn't run without the the bath tap running at the same time and hydraulic noise from the elevator. Doesn't sound like a W does it? But that about sums up the downsides of the W San Francisco. On the upside, comfortable beds, bliss bath products and good size rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Hello,

Our spacious rooms and Bliss Spa products are often a favorite among our guests. I am glad to hear you had a comfortable night’s sleep as well. I apologize for the faulty showerhead. If you ever experience any issues during your stay, please call Whatever/Whenever and we will be happy to assist. I will pass your feedback along to our Talent. I hope to see you again soon.

All the best,