The W San Francisco is an excellent hotel that offers a room with a view, great customer service, an ideal location, a friendly atmosphere, and good platinum SPG recognition. I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly pay a return visit. Here is why:
Great Customer Service - Hotel customer service is very good. The entire hotel team is well trained and hard working. Excellent check in, concierge service, doormen attention, restaurant wait staff (Trace), and maid services. My congratulations to the hotel management team.
Wonderful Hotel Rooms - Hotel Rooms are clean, updated, and spacious. We stayed two nights in a cool corner king room and two nights in an extreme wow suite. One room had a wonderful view of the Bay Bridge and the other had a great City view. The higher the floor, the better the view - 31 floors.
Central Location- I liked the hotel's location because it was centrally located. It was within walking distance to Union Square, Chinatown, and Bay Bridge Area. Public transportation (BART, Muni, & Street Cars) was accessible a few blocks away on Market Street for getting anywhere else.
Friendly Atmosphere - The hotel has a youthful and friendly vibe. I'm in my 50's and surprisingly fit right in. I loved drinking my coffee in the lobby each morning. At night the hotel would come alive with a hip DJ and interesting people.
Good Platinum Recognition - Even though I was unable to use Suite Nights for my stay, the hotel was able to provide me with two of my four night stay in an Extreme Wow Suite. Other platinum recognitions included free WiFi, complimentary bottled water, a $30 breakfast credit for two at Trace ($15 for one), a welcome bowl of fruit, and a complimentary birthday in-room dessert.
What makes this hotel a great choice when visiting SF and a step above the other Starwood properties in the area (St. Regis, Westin, & Palace) is the excellent customer service, great SPG recognition, and the friendly atmosphere. If you are a loyal SPG member like I am, you won't be disappointed.
Here are a few travel tips for your next trip to SF:
1. Take the BART From the Airport-If you want to save a few dollars on taxi fares ($50 plus) take the BART to the W from either the Oakland ($6.50) or SF ($8.25)Airports. Exit at Montgomery. It is an easy and safe (10) minute down hill walk to the hotel.
2. Off Sight Parking - If you have to park your car and don't want to pay the Hotel's $59 per night parking fee, you can safely self park a few blocks away at Hearst Parking Garage for $25 a day. Note there are NO in and out privileges and the garage is closed on Sunday mornings till 10am.
3. Great Restaurant Choices - Try these excellent restaurants when in SF. Hunan Home's for great Chinese, Albona Ristorante for Italian, and The Rotundra at Nieman Marcus for an elegant lunch.
4. Take a Day Trip to Napa - Napa is about a 75 minute drive. Rent a car for the day and enjoy the wine country.
5. Don't Be Afraid To Take Public Transportation - SF has an excellent and safe public transportation system that can get you most any where in the city. Read up on it before your trip. Enjoy living like the locals
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the SoMa district, and neighbors with the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, W San Francisco faces the beautiful Yerba Buena gardens and is a short walk to Union Square's shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your W San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- w Hotels San Francisco
- w Hotel San Francisco