“Whatever I Wanted!! Whenever I Wanted!! FANTASTIC!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

W San Francisco
Ranked #70 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Campbell, California
“Whatever I Wanted!! Whenever I Wanted!! FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had an all day event here at the W Hotel. At the last second I asked Priya Sen for breakfast and lunch. Any other hotel would of told me NO (as I had 20 people). Priya and her staff were WONDERFUL. I was delivered breakfast with 15 minutes of my request and a lunch not too long after. The food was excellent and presentation was amazing.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Claudia N, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi GBethG,
Thank you so much for such an amazing review! You make us feel proud and happy to have once again succeeded in providing a memorable experience! I passed your compliments on to Priya and her team and they are all so very thankful for your feedback.
Please come back soon and allow us to impress you once again in true W style!
Kind Regards,
Claudia Nuta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although the decor is not 5 star, the personnel from the front desk, to the restaurant, to room service, to everyone are magnificent, friendly, helpful. The view of the Bay Bridge is spectacular.
The breakfast is excellent. The concierge could not be more helpful. It is a across the street from the convention center and within walking distance of many attractions. Of course, SF is a very manageable city. Like Paris, you can walk just about anywhere.

Room Tip: high floor with a view of the Bay Bridge.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claudia N, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Jeremiah41,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our TripAdvisor page. I really appreciate you praising the great quality of service provided by everyone across the property and I have to admit that I truly feel fortunate to be part of such a dedicated and knowledgeable team that takes exceptional care of our guests. We pride ourselves on our philosophy of service, which translates quite simply into "whatever the guests need, whenever they need it". Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Warm Wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Everyone, from the wait staff and bartenders, to the housekeeping staff you pass in the hall, to the concierge and others at the front desk, were all exceptional and clearly believed in the value if good service. It makes all the difference!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claudia N, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi Bradofhill,
Many thanks for your wonderful review!
It's so rewarding to receive such amazing feedback especially when we constantly strive to make our guests feel like home and grant all their wishes. We are very thankful for your compliments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The W in San Francisco has a lively, hip vive in the public areas with nice touches in the rooms giving it a boutique hotel feel. For example, I had to try out the nap pad outside my conference room and loved the little Buddha lamp in my guest room. The comfortable bed was welcome each night as well. All good.

Room Tip: There is a firehouse next door so ask about rooms on the opposite side of the hotel.
Hi Seeit2,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for the feedback!
We look forward to seeing you again and I promise our beds will be just as comfortable and welcoming upon your next visit!
Kind regards,
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I were at the W for a date night and decided to stop at the bar on the way to Trace. This is where we were greeted by a charming bartender named Brian. I wanted to try something new and opted for one of the speciality drinks (can't think of the name but it was pink with bubbles...yummy) and my husband ordered a Martini with olives. Unfortunately they didn't have the blue cheese stuffed ones but it was good just the same. As we sat there enjoying the music, we joked about the W's "Whatever, Whenever" slogan and laughed about getting someone to "buy" us blue cheese olives. A few minutes later Brian checked in with us and we ordered a 2nd round. My drink came promptly but then Brian vanished. It was a busy night so we didn't think much of it and continued our conversation. The next thing you know Brian reappeared with a martini filled with blue cheese stuffed olives. We immediately started laughing because Brian wasn't around when we were joking about it before. He truly took it upon himself to go into the kitchen and hand stuff some olives just for my husbands drink. Talk about service. Brian exemplifies the W spirit and made our night extra special. Thank you Brian from the Livingston's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi ILiv,
Your review exemplifies perfectly the serious commitment we all show towards our Whatever/Whenever promise of service and I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share with everyone the amazing experience you had with us here at the W. I am so glad we were able to create such a wonderful memory for you and your husband! I will certainly share your review with Brian and our entire team and I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the W for another memorable experience!
Warmest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple weeks back in 2000 and found myself back again 13 years later. It's been kept up well and the rooms offer some stunning bay & city views on the higher floors. Beds, TVs and Shower are all excellent, The rooms are well appointed and come stocked with top shelf booze & snacks so be careful coming home drunk and wanting more cause it would be easy and tempting to clean out the liquor and mini-bar. Cha-Ching$$ Overnight Valet parking also clocked in at $50. But the location is great and the hotel is also one if the better city W's.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Ricknieto,
Thank you for sharing such a nice review! It's always so wonderful to receive positive feedback from our returning guests; it's a great way to measure our consistency in offering great service and keeping all things current and in line with the trends. Even though valet parking is a bit pricey, it is not higher than our downtown area competitors and it is one of the safest options aside from offering 24 hours unlimited in and out Wheels access. So please don't let that keep you away for too long and this time we hope you come back to see sooner!
All the best,
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was trendy, not worth the price during the Rsa convention. Room service stake was amazing but pricy, location was good. Bar was hopping if your in to that. Pool was small. Window shutter were dirty and the curtains need to be black out curtain. Fire station next door was loud at point. Ear plugs a must. Staff was great.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claudia N, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hi Ksigdub,
Thank you for taking the time to share your W experience with the online community and thank you for choosing the W hotel for your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you found the room rate to be a little too high. Our prices do go up and down with occupancy and major city events, but we always strive to provide stellar value for the given day.
There is no excuse for the window shutters dirtiness and I will communicate this aspect to our Style team to make sure extra inspection is being executed on all window shutters.
I do apologize that our pool was not up to your expectations and I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused by the fire station noise; even though that is not something we can directly control, we do provide free of charge ear plugs to our guests and our Welcome Desk staff is always open to assist you moving to a different room on a higher, more quiet side of the building upon availability.
We do appreciate your kind comments regarding our location and service and I do hope that you give us another shot next time you visit San Francisco.
Warm Wishes,