During a recent trip to San Fran we stayed for two nights at the W.
1. Ambiance - this hotel and most W properties exude this impossibly hip vibe. Beautiful people, club music, funky furnishings. It doesn't negatively impact your experience but it doesn't make you want to buy a black turtleneck either.
2. Staff - Awesome. Nice efficient. Helpful. TV in room not working? One call to front desk results in pleasant service guy at my door within 10 minutes who fixes problem. Ahhh...
3. Location - great location for exploring the city. Very central. No need for car.
4. Room - clean, small but efficiently designed. Am I the only person who hates the clock with the IPod docking station that WON'T CHARGE AN IPHONE? I suspect not. Let's do away with them and just dangle charging cords. Toiletries keep getting smaller and there was enough shampoo to wash 1/3 of your scalp but these are minor complaints. Room was comfortable and quiet.
5. Other- the Acura MDX drop off service is the best. Sign up at the desk adjacent to the front desk and you'll get a free ride where ever you want to go. Only, unfortunately, they won't pick you up so plan ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the SoMa district, and neighbors with the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, W San Francisco faces the beautiful Yerba Buena gardens and is a short walk to Union Square's shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your W San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- w Hotels San Francisco
- w Hotel San Francisco