I went back to this quaint hotel on Bush because I lived there for a month about 15 years ago and found it perfect for my needs and I could walk to work.
The room I had this time was on 6th floor. It was fine and bed was comfortable, but it was small and suited only for one person.
During cold weather, the room was cold and it took me two nights to figure out how to get the baseboard heaters to work,.
Flat screen TV was great.
Hotel has new management and isn't what it once was, at least not to me.
It is still a good buy and in a good location.
However, the building is old and creaky. I was worried about fire as there are no fire escapes.
The floors above and below me creaked when anyone walked on them.
My only window was on an alley that apparently had trash pickup at 5 or 6 a.m and it was noisy and continued for a long time.
One elevator isn't enough for six floors.
Front desk service was excellent.
Parking arrangement with nearby garage was okay, but $30/nite, which is more than the city garage a block away.
Internet service was fine.
Nearby cafe had good breakfasts and just a two minute walk across the street.
At check out they refused to give me a reciept to show that I had paid for the room, saying that I had to go to the third party that I booked through. This is annoying and makes any issues I might have had impossible to resolve on the spot. I still don't know what it cost me other than parking.
I guess the bottom line is that nothing is ever the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMBIANCE- Elegant, European-style AAA three diamond hotel, reminiscent of an inviting Napa Valley Inn - Intimate setting providing a high level of personalized service by a friendly and knowledgeable staff- Wine-themed hotel with each of the guestrooms adorned with names and artwork from California wineries- Warm and welcoming "living room" style lobby with fireplace and comfortable seating areas LOCATION- Historic 1912 building located on the Nob Hill side of Union Square - Two blocks from Union Square, San Francisco's finest shopping district- Less than one block from the Powell Street cable car line to Fisherman's Wharf- Two blocks from the ornate gate entrance of Chinatown and three blocks to the Financial District- Neighboring a wide variety of bistros, cafes and restaurants GUEST ROOMS - 106 spacious nonsmoking guestrooms on eight floors decorated to enrich the hotel's connection with the wine country- Penthouse suite with wood burning fireplace, view of city lights, original 1912 stained glass ceiling, and Jacuzzi tub - Writing desks, inlaid with outlets, in each guestroom - Telephone with extra-long cord, voice mail and data-port - Wireless Internet ( Wi-Fi )available throughout the hotel complimentary. Fully stocked honor bar in each guestroom - Hairdryers, irons and ironing boards in each guestroom - LCD Hi-Definition television with full cable, Nintendo and pay-per-view movies GUEST SERVICES - Wine reception by the fireplace in the lobby from 5 p.M. To 6 p.M. Each evening- Valet parking with in and out privileges for $48 plus tax per day, self parking for $35 plus tax per day- Concierge services available, offering preferred reservations at restaurants- Fitness room, open daily 6AM - 10PM, San Francisco Chronicle and USA TODAY newspaper. MEETING FACILITY - Private Boardroom with original stained glass ceiling with skylight from 1912 - Conference seating for 12 people or reception for 25 people - Drop projection screen in room, audiovisual equipment available upon request- Windows providing natural light and expansive city views Dining Room offers a Neo American Bistro and Bar. A new experience with dining is coming this summer for Evening Dinners. Our dining room also offers a light breakfast service is available daily from 6:30am to 10am in our dining room for hotel guests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Executive Hotel Vintage Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Hotel San Francisco
- Vintage Court San Francisco
- Hotel Vintage Court