“We really liked it!”

Executive Hotel Vintage Court
Ranked #98 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed December 8, 2013

You get a nice, clean room, comfortable king-size bed, two blocks from Union square, at a reasonable price. Add free wine 5-6 PM every afternoon, free coffee in the morning, a helpful and friendly staff. What else do you need? OK, so it is a vintage building, and the furniture is not the latest. We thought that it had charm, and seemed well kept up. We plan to be back!

Room Tip: The street-noise is probably less on the upper floors
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grandpa284
Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had mixed results at this hotel. It has great price/value performance. Well located.

We know that s*#% happens. What is wonderful is that the staff and management genuinely take problems seriously and work really hard to fix them. I gave up expecting perfect a long time ago, so I am used to having a problem here or there.

These folks are exceptional. They followed up, they gave details and were good about their interest in a quality experience.

I am very happy with their attitudes, efforts and hospitality.

Room Tip: Breakfast is available but you have to go off property for lunch and dinner.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

When they say vintage, it's fitting in the sense that everything beyond the lobby is run down, old looking, and smells funny. Our hotel room smelled very weird, and it was a little annoying to wake up to every morning, and come back to each evening. You can tell they spray the hallways with air freshener to cover it up, but it definitely lingers in the room. The wallpaper is poorly applied and maintained and it feels like you're staying in a cheap motel.

The hotel doesn't have a ramp on the main floor, and it's really hard to carry large or heavy suitcases down to the elevator area. No one offers to help you, and the wheelchair lift never seems to be available for use. Not impressed.

Other than the look and feel, the location is great because you are near Union Square and the mall. We got the hotel rate on promotion, I guess you get what you pay for, but even at the sale price, it was overpriced for what we got. Won't be going back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a great option in San Fran. The rooms are not big, but are clean and comfortable. The location is convienient to Union Square, Chinatown and Nob Hill, I think a great area to base yourself to see the best of San Fran. I will certainly stay again as I was on business and the price was excellent compared to many places in San Fran. Don't expect big American sized rooms, more like a european style hotel, good little dinnig room, with a nice selection for breakfast.

I think the best thing about staying here, is you felt like you were staying in San Fran, as the Hotel is on the hillside and in an old building, which gives it such charm.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Adrian_ace
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was there for a conference and this hotel is in a good location in reference to Moscone Center, Union Square, etc. The staff was friendly, helpful and it was nice that they offered a free wine hour every day from 5-6 PM. The lobby is neat and modern. However, that is where my 3 star rating came in and if I was rating them on my room only, it would be a 1 star. My room was on the 4th floor and it had an odor that was almost unbearable. I don't even know how to describe it. The hotel is older and the room seemed to be cleaned well. The bedding was modern and the bathroom had vintage charm with original tile that i thought was quaint. But, I am not sure where this smell was coming from. I bought some candles while I was out there and that masked it, but now that I am home, my suitcase may be even ruined if I can't air it out. It almost smells like a mix of formaldehyde and some odd cleaning agent like they were covering up something. I stay in about 15 hotels a year and I have never experienced anything like this. The room was quiet, I would only hear the sound of my window unit heater/air conditioner running. The view was another building across the alley.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank letsgonow123
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on holiday in November 2013. We will for sure not return. The only positive is the location, Nobb Hill, close to Union Square. The negatives:

- The hotel is dirty! We even tried a couple of different rooms, but same story for all: they all have this very bad smell and are just dirty. There is no vintage feel at all, just old and dirty

- the gym has one bike, one threadmill and one elliptic machine. All in a tiny gym that just fits these machines

- Staff are friendly but not helpful or capable at all

There is for sure nothing executive about this hotel and I wouldnt recommend people to stay here

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Honest1978
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Recent Guest:

First and foremost an apology to you, as your stay was not pleasant. If your experience of a dirty room was noted to me or our staff, we would have immediately serviced or changed your room for correctness. As you noted you tried a different room but still state the same concern but with no specifics. Our hotel is older in building as we are 100 years, this year, but the furnishings are modern contemporary with clean triple sheet white fluffy beds, LCD TV, Writing desks and a simple, older model bath that his white and clean. In regards to odors, again specifics would help as the hotel hosted 100% occupancy most nights in November, so this could be from prior guests, showers, or long term odors that can be treated. Our hotel team is here to work with you and if you require or would like to update me directly with specifics please do so at gmvc@executivehotels.net. From other reviews our hotel is a delight and yours should have been similar.

Bill Engelhardt, General Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a conference and room was clean, staff informed and was given great directions as well as a price that was much less than other hotels nearby! I even got a gift card thank you for staying with us upon check out! Very Cool! I will be returning on the next show!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business