“Basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #196 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Teignmouth
“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Spent 3 nights here in November, the room was basic and the blankets for the bed could do
with a good wash, didn't use them they looked to grubby. Not a great area to walk through
to get into the city, although we were not bothered by anyone still felt uneasy.
It is not what I would call a 3* more like a 1*. Cheap and basic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cludasdulac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Thank god that I used thank you rewards from my credit card to book this hotel !!
Like many other reviews, I agree, not a good hotel at all.
Even Motels will be better than staying here. I was told this is 3 star hotel. Makes me laugh!!

Can't sleep in night as you will hear cops siren through out.

Now about the room.. Pathetic at best.. Everything old. Turn on room heater and with the sound of it you will wake up. Sleep on bed and you will hear spring music. On top, no complementary breakfast..

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AZvisito

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My car was parked in the hotel parking lot. At some point between checking Saturday and the next morning my car was broken into, window smashed and nothing of value stolen. I told the hotel and they acted as if they could care less. They have cameras but apparently have no way to review information nor do they monitor them very closely. While away reporting it to police and insurance and purchasing what I needed to cover the window, I was broken into again. This time since they had an unlocked car the opened the trunk and when through it. I will never stay at this hotel again. What good is a security parking area if the hotel does nothing to keep it safe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank nlchavez123
Yorkshire uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed in hotels and inns all over the world & at various levels. Didn't expect anything special for the price, only the very basic hygiene levels. Never been to hospital though due to bed bugs! Ruined a good holiday. Went through a uk travel agent which a complaint is currently in progress
A full day in a US hospital due to bugs in a hotel bed!!! Got a new room, within 5 hrs a new guest put in my old infested room without any fumigation?! I work in the pest control business and by simply hoovering a room & standard cleaning does not solve infestation issues - the Hoover will probably multiply the problem!?!? Fumigation/deep clean is required.

Staff generally very good & helpful. Hotel manager seems incompetent and not professional when dealing with the whole bed bug issue. Seems like the manager wasn't bothered, maybe should be? not good - HSE in the UK would probably investigate an issue like this more thoroughly. Perhaps in the US not really taken seriously - only by attorneys?! Hmm manager told me this has never happened before?

Got actual bed bugs & took to reception - photos also taken. It's a real shame as the staff were good & helpful & the hotel could be good. Seems the manager is not managing - no pride in his job, no direction - glad I don't pay him, because I wouldn't !

Should have read these reviews before travelling but trusted uk abtol travel agent!? So generally whole process failed

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 148Anon
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights mid august 2013. Our room was a fair size and was comfortable cant complain for what we paid for it. The reception staff was very helpful and polite. A little out the way from most tourist attractions but still there is a bus stop right near by San Francisco isn't the hardest city to get around so coing from the UK we worked it all out in no time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daisy C
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I made my reservation for one night months in advance through Booking.com. Truthfully, on a month long cross country trip I tried to save money and so opted for one of the bargain basement hotels - a mere 129 dollars a night plus taxes - 150 or so. Upon arrival my reservation was difficult to find (I had a printed confirmation) and when it was I was treated to a long conversation on the phone in Japanese. The upshot was - I did not have a room but I could go next door to the Rodeway Inn and get a smoking room for the same price. That place ain't the Ritz either but at least we had no bedbugs or baby rats in the room.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Pushkasmd
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked one room for a four day stay months in advance over the phone. The person on the phone would not provide a confirmation number and assured me that the last name provided would be sufficient enough to check it. I even called back a few days later to confirm this and was told the same thing. When I arrived at the hotel to check in, low and behold they did NOT have my reservation. He then asked what price we were quoted- as if that was even relevant- and told me I could stay the first night at a higher rate but that the hotel was sold out for the remainder of our stay. Not only was the person working the desk unapologetic about THEIR error, he actually seemed amused by our predicament. He did not care that he completely screwed us over for a trip we had been planning for months. Did I mention we drove all the way from Alberta, Canada? DO NOT book here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends