“Pleasantly surprised by my stay. You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oasis Inn

Oasis Inn
Ranked #192 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
“Pleasantly surprised by my stay. You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Ended up at this hotel through Hotwire, was a bit scared after reading the reviews talking about bed bugs and rats. Thankfully, we checked the bed the first night and had no problems for our whole stay. It's really minimal in terms of amenities, but in a perfect location for easy access to the financial district if you need a cheep place to stay near any shows going on downtown. Liquor store across the street for prepartying isn't bad either. We stayed on the second floor so that might have something to do with avoiding rodents and bugs. All in all, I'd stay here again if price was a concern.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DoubleCruxed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Jose
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel 0 stars. I was not supposed to stay at this hotel, but instead had a reservation for their sister property "Embassy" They were overbooked and sent me here at their "nicer, sister property" Not so much. The tub was held together my 2 large pieces of duct tape, the glass on the pictures on the wall was shattered, the faucet didn't stop leaking (the horrible mattresses, sheets, furniture, carpet and extremely dirty outside didn't bother me as much but since I am writing a review, I might as well mention the alcohol bottles on the stairs, the old cigarette and cigarette burns right outside our room... I often stay in run down hotels for the savings but oh my goodness this was a new low..in fact, this is the first time that I have reviewed a hotel...) BUT that wasn't the worst part- BED BUGS. Another group staying there found them in their room and let us know to look so we did and low and behold, bed bugs in the room. When we asked the man at the front desk about it- he just didn't respond. No answer at all. If you HAVE to spend the night here.....make sure you are ready to shower and wash everything you brought with you as soon as you leave! I am still waiting to hear back from the hotel itself and http://hotels.com for a refund. I wish I could have left but we had a few hundred dollars worth of tickets for a new years party that evening and drinking and driving was not an option and neither was spending a small fortune to find another hotel room that last minute.

By the way- it says free wifi...what they actually meant is they don't have wifi.....

Room Tip: Dont come here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Seashelley18

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Le Havre, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

The bed was comfortable but AC was broken and it was very hot that day in San Francisco. Room are clean but old. Need some painting. The breakfast is not the best of my life. But this hotel is 5mn from the civic center and is quiet correct for a stay. At 2am we heard a police siren and a huge car crashed. Policemen were suing guys who escaped but... What a mess in the street (broken cars, loads of stuff in the street after the accident). Nobody hurt but like in movies "police line" installed, investigations ... It was a good show for us, tourists, everybody looking at the windows :-)

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Only works if you are looking for a cheap place to sleep. Rude managers, no Comfort & zero service. Cheap yes, but you really get what you pay for & nothing more.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Jontefix
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a baby rat in the room and the staff was busier telling us who's fault it was than finding a solution...which was first to put dog tape under the door, and then to kill the rat when we insisted. At least we could change room.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness of the bath first.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Port St. Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Well worth staying here at the Oasis. I was a lot concerned about the potential for bringing pesty critters home with us, but am very happy to report that the Oasis exceeded my expectations ten fold. From the moment that we met the very sweet and helpful front desk staff, my fears began to disappear. The room was very clean and cute. No extra bed partners. Parking under cover and free, we parked within view of the front desk and they let us stay parked there even after we checked out the next day to allow us to explore their beautiful city a while longer. We were able to purchase the open top bus tour tickets that we had wanted from them as well which was really convenient, and one of the stops was only a few blocks away. My only complaint was the lack of a refrigerator. Ice was easily obtainable. Local bus service easily accessible just down the street which took us within a block of the piers with no transfers. A very good experience overall.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank laci729
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. They price is great and the rooms were actually in decent shape. I love it how you can actually open the windows. I also liked the little food court that they have inside. There are several restaurants close to it, which it's great if you don't want to drive and they have their own parking!... Beds were good and they looked clean as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member