2,083 results
All reviewscable cargreat locationunion squareboutique hotelpowell stbart stationcomplimentary winewine hourwine receptionstreet sideheart of san franciscostreet noisejunior suitelight sleeperrooms are smallaround the cornermoscone center
Reviewed May 3, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent two nights at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We expected it to be somewhat outdated with small rooms, which it was, but it was exactly what we needed. Rooms were very clean. The location was perfect - right in the middle of union square shopping district and just a block from the trolley car turnaround. Staff were very helpful and there was a great happy hour in the lobby with complimentary wine and an adorable guy playing acoustic guitar and singing. This hotel is not modern or high end, but it was perfect for us, especially for the price.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2015

This property is one of the best values in the Union Square area. Unbelievable location with private parking adjacent. Watch the Market Street Turntable out your window redirecting cable cars back down to the wharf. European feel, San Francisco style.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaintVitas
Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

Got a room here last week, price was over 300.00 a night, figured it couldn't be that bad. Boy did I make a mistake worst hotel ever. Run down, broken elevator, over priced, dirty bathroom, no AC, no view, the list goes on and on. Ended up leaving before I even spent the night. I wish I would have read the reviews before booking it.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank KJKSOHO
Reviewed April 28, 2015

Loved this place, great location and beautifully themed rooms.
I will be back , for sure
staff very professional and friendly...I celebrated my birthday there and they upgraded me to a beautiful suite...with a nice welcome bottle and handwritten card
whow....

Room Tip: try for one of the suites..high floor recommended
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

We arrived this afternoon. The first room we were given had no windows whatsoever, just some thing that maybe opened up to an air duct. It felt like a coffin. I tried calling down to the front desk to inquire about a room change but there was no dial tone, broken. So we hauled our luggage back downstairs. Gentleman at front desk, who was pleasant enough, gave me the key to another room, smaller but with windows. Hubby stayed in lobby, I ran up to see it. The size didn't bother me, I stay in charming hotels in Europe and elsewhere with small rooms on a regular basis. However, the sun was glaring in, the room was a bazillion degrees, and there was an old, noisy in window air conditioner running at full blast that wasn't keeping up. There was one window, that was open, but was not doing any good, even on a gorgeous, cool spring afternoon. We ran. I'm very laid back, can put up with a lot. In all my years of traveling this is the only hotel I've ever outright walked out on. We found another room on the intertubes within minutes, a bit pricier but simply lovely in comparison. Be warned. From other reviews some folks have better experiences at Hotel Union Square, sadly not the case for us and we won't try again.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple