Hotel Triton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$399
$189
  • Room Service
$488
$194
  • Pool
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$223
$201
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$245
$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$240
$188
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$267
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$338
$189
$390
$309
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$299
$239
$458
Hotelpower.com
2,006 results
All reviewschinatown gatejerry garciagreat locationcafe de la pressefunky decorkimpton hotelsfun hotelrooms are smallmini barstreet noisebottle of champagneair conditionertea and coffeeclose to union squarefew blocksthe financial districtking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2006

We stayed at Hotel Triton for 4 nights recently and booked through Hotwire for a competitive rate. I expected to be treated to a small room and so-so service based on various reviews (guidebooks, websites, etc). My brother stayed here and proclaimed the rooms to be tiny. We received a room on the Eco floor (7th floor) facing away from the main streets. The room was small, but not uncomfortable in my or my husband's opinion. The bathroom had been renovated with a granite countertop and tiled showerstall. I found our room to be exceptionally peaceful and quiet, perhaps because we were on the top floor. My only problem with the Eco floor was that the shower gel/shampoo/(thin & runny) conditioner was in a dispenser on the wall, but not filled with Aveda products (the normal amenities in a Kimpton hotel). The hotel remedied that when I requested for them. The hotel was a good value- great location (next to Chinatown, steps from shops, close to the BART/MUNI/cable cars), nice perks such as morning coffe & tea, newspapers, fresh apples, cookies. They willingly credited my Kimpton rewards even though I booked through Hotwire. The only service flaw I encountered was at check out, with the less-than-friendly sole front desk person was involved with her personal telephone conversation. I'd probably stay here again and request the 7th floor and steer clear of the rooms facing the elevators which blare music.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LLori
Reviewed December 1, 2006

I've combed San Francisco for hotels in the under -$150/night range, and the Triton is my favorite -- location, cleanliness, friendly and helpful staff, and decor are all above average. In my most recent stay, though, I had a room they call a "Zen den," facing out on an alley along the hotel's south side. At around 2:00 am, I was awakened by loud clanging metal and hydraulic whooshing sounds. These continued, on and off, for well over an hour. Eventually I looked out of the window and saw an enormous garbage truck pulling out of the alley. As I passed the alley in the morning, I counted eighteen dumpsters! I considered asking for another room, but figured this was likely only a once or twice per week occurrence. But the same thing happened the next night. I got up at 4:00 am and asked for another room, and was accommodated without fuss, and it was quiet. So keep that in mind. (Also, be aware that the "Zen den" rooms are quite small, with a double bed along one wall and very little open floor space. The second one they gave me had a stall shower that required crouching to get under the shower stream.)

Stayed: November 2006
5  Thank Globetrotter1000
Reviewed October 5, 2006

A really felt like I was in SF, staying at an eco-friendly hotel with funky decor and Greatful Dead inspired themes. Staff was super friendly and suggested some great eats nearby.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redfox40
Reviewed October 2, 2006

The rooms are well above average, the restrauant excellant, however the Hotel Staff is the best out there.. For a great time, where you don't feel like a stranger, the Triton is AAA+ Close to everthing in San Fran...If you stay you won't be Sorry!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Robertspider
Reviewed September 29, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The location is great - very central. The hotel is unique and we found it to be good value. I was a bit surprised at how small our room and bathroom were, but it wasn't a problem since we were hardly there. The front desk people were very helpful. We would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple