“Good, clean, nice placement and good service + hotel at reasonable prices”
Review of Hotel Triton

Hotel Triton
Ranked #68 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Skaevinge, Denmark
“Good, clean, nice placement and good service + hotel at reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Used this Hotel for the first time in SF for a weeks business trip, participating at a conference. Nothing was missing here. Clean and tidy, it is a bit used, but the bed was good and nothing really missed. The wifi worked fantastiscly compared to my prior experience in SF (7 times before) which is very important for me on a business trip.
The lobby is quite small as the hotel in general, but very personnal, cozy and flawless service. There was a daily happy wine our where they served free wine tasting in the lobby, fine initiative, but I would not change my schedule for the wines served ;o) But I like the idea though.

Defintely a hotel I will seriously consider coming bac to for my next business trip to SF.

Room Tip: There are old fashion aircon (those in the window) in the rooms, I had not the need to use it on thi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
HI Lars Juul G ~ Thanks for sharing your experience with our friends on Trip Advisor. Let us know the next time you'll be here with us ~ we'll bring the wine to you! :)

See you soon,
antonio.flores@hoteltriton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Vintage and colorful rooms! Very funny furniture, rooms with backboards for messages, leopard hobby, very good employs, gays friendly but very familiar! Very good location, near to Maket Street, Union Square, subway station China Town Gate

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Syl T ~ I'll take that review all day! Thank you for sharing it with us. Come back soon.

Til then,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2014

For the past 8 years I've been going to San Francisco for work now and then every year. I used to stay on Union Square at one of the big hotels, but a few years ago it was no longer an option from our corporate travel group. So I went in search of a new place. I had stayed at a Kimpton in DC once and really enjoyed it. The Triton was convenient to several buildings I work in while in town and so I selected it. I fell in love with the charm, the funky decor and overall slightly eccentric nature of the hotel and now have stayed there so many times I cannot count. The rooms have received a makeover since that original stay, but still retain the charm they had then. The staff has always been extremely helpful, kind and friendly. The location is great not only for my work, but for the night life. You're right at the entrance to Chinatown and up the street from some world class shopping. It's convenient to the financial district, to Union Square and to North Beach. There are a myriad of great restaurants nearby and it's easy to get to some great ones farther away with the help of the doorman. I highly recommend the Triton to all my work pals that travel to San Francisco, and finally happy to recommend it to all the Trip Advisor family too!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the alley if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear John S ~ You're HIRED! What a fantastic review. We could not be more grateful for all of your kind words and loyalty. Here's to the next 8 years of many more visits to come.

Your home away from home,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel. We were checked both in and out quickly with friendly staff and loved the bottle of complimentary wine in the room. The rooms were full of character and really clean and comfy and the location was fantastic.
The evening wine and nibbles were such a fabulous touch and after a day of trekking up and down the hills of San Francisco were a great treat to return to. I unfortunately couldn't drink alcohol for the first 8 days of our holiday due to an impromptu root canal on the Saturday of our arrival. This of course means that we need to return to the Triton next summer for our honeymoon and to rectify not being able to take part fully in the wine and nibbles :) A travel agent has recently emailed us recommendations for other hotels in San Francisco but why fix whats not broken?
Highly recommended, but please save some room for us :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Chaseface55 ~ Thanks for the fantastic review. Don't worry, we'll keep the champagne chilled and the nibbles a plenty for your return! Come back soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I enjoyed the central location and hustle/bustle of the area. The decor had lots of personality and I love the staff and cute little add ons (i.e. adorable rubber duckies for Valentine's Day). Kimptons never fail, also, loved that signing up for the Points program got us a $10 mini bar credit and free wifi. Easy access to the BART to get around. Light sleepers, beware- the street noise discussed in other reviews is no joke. You have a choice of that or turning on the fan for white noise. Ear plugs needed. Rooms on the smaller size and I was not impressed with the shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and on a higher floor. A lot of street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa924
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hello Teresa924 ~ Thank you for sharing your experience with our friends on Trip Advisor. I hope you went home with one of those Valentine Ducks, if not then all the more reason for you to come back and visit us again soon.

Laytonville, California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The best thing about the Triton is the staff, next is the location. SF financial district has that great urban vibe, and is well-located as a jumping-off for other great places in The City. It's an easy stroll to Chinatown or the Embarcadero. All the folks working at this hotel are gracious and ready to help. The rooms are on the petite side, but are well-furnished and comfy. Room service via the Cafe de la Presse downstairs was the absolute worst. We think they made the omelets the previous evening. I recommend looking elsewhere for vittles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan B
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hey Susan B ~ So what I'm hearing is we have the right people in the right spot! I'll take that all day! I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Cafe de la Presse, I'll be sure to pass on your comments to them. We hope you come back and hang out with us again soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had to checkout @ 3 am as we had a flight to catch. It took them more than half an hour just to retrieve our car from the garage!!! And I dont think there was meant to be a queue @ 3am! That alone spoilt our otherwise fantastic stay. The rooms were as pictured and its central location saved us a lot of time getting around places.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so make sure your rooms are away from the lift.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank valeriegan
Hello valeriegan ~ I'm so sorry to hear that it took so long to pull your car around. At 3:am, no one wants to have to wait for something like that. I hope you won't let this stop you from thinking of us again in the future. Please reach out to me directly if your plans ever bring you back to SF. We would love to have you stay with us again.