2,062 results
All reviewschinatown gatejerry garciagreat locationcafe de la pressefunky decorkimpton hotelscafe next doorfun hotelrooms are smallmini barstreet noisebottle of champagneair conditionertea and coffeeclose to union squarefew blocksthe financial district
Reviewed January 12, 2013

After reading the mix of reviews for this hotel, I was a little unsure about booking, but the deal was right, so I went for it. Glad I did! The room was smallish, but on par for what I'd expect in an urban location such as this, and it was setup nicely and efficiently. I really liked my room- not opulently luxurious, but very comfortable, warm and inviting. Comfortable bed, interesting décor made it cozy & pleasant. I appreciated some small but important little touches, like the abundance of electrical outlets at desk level, and the ipod/iphone charging/playing clock radio. I and my too many electronics were right at home. The location is fantastic- right in the Union Square neighborhood within spitting distance of way too much great shopping- like dangerously great shopping- and right across the street from the Chinatown gate. The surrounding neighborhood is nice, non-sketchy, and seems safe. As a woman traveling alone I felt very comfortable coming & going at whatever time. Also the Montgomery street BART stop is an easy 4 or 5 blocks away, so no need to throw down for a cab to & from SFO. I did not have a lot of interaction with the staff, but those I did have were great- they were very helpful, friendly and professional. Also I was able to book a special rate that included choice of a bottle of wine or breakfast. I opted for the breakfast and it was great- at my selected time a they delivered a little bagged breakfasIf you read the mix of reviews and question whether to stay here, I think I can best put it this way: If you're the kind of person who prefers to live in a big, beige house in the suburbs, this may not be your place. If you're more of an urban-dweller, and/or appreciate a little flavor, you will be very happy here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lindsay P
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

OMG - Lindsay P, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for the awesome review.

Hope to see you back soon,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This might not be a fair review, because I'm not really a city guy and SF isn't one of my favorites. The stay was for business, and certainly was accommodating.
Pros
Good staff with clean rooms
Morning coffee/tea provided - also with a Starbucks directly across the street.
Wine in the early evening for those interested.
Location was pretty good - China town gates just out of the front door. Fun walk up Nob Hill - not suggested for the weak at heart (man it's steep, and coming down is just as crazy!)
Cons
$40 a night for overnight valet parking, $32 if you park yourself down the street - make sure to budget for this.
No continental breakfast. - but again Starbucks across the street
No jacuzzi

Promise my next review will be more exciting!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carpguy

Hi Carpguy ~ thanks for sharing your feedback with our friends on Trip Advisor. The next time you’re in the city please reach out to me directly. I want to help make your next review more exciting!

Till then,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staff were so friendly and helpful.
Loved the complimentary coffee and tea in the mornings and the wine in the afternoons.
Even though we're from abroad and couldn't bring our pets, I loved their pet policy and welcoming of dogs with a jar of treats and a welcome sign with each dog's name who was staying.
Great location

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After reviewing hotels in SF on trip advisor we decided to stay at the Triton in December 2012.
It started off really bad. After an almost 7 hour flight from NY we arrived at the Hotel and then had a quick dinner and then back to the hotel. All we wanted was a warm shower & a good night's rest. To our dismay, there was no hot water. We called the front desk & they young lady seemed clueless. She kept apologising for it. Which was fine for her but not for 2 weary travellers. She said that she was going to send the maintenance guy up. He came up & said that there was a problem with the boiler & it should be back in 20 mins.. what got us annoyed was the fact that youre running a hotel and the front desk wasnt aware of such! or why was it that they didnt let their guests know. We booked through Orbitz and they were no help either. We wanted to get out of that hotel.. We thought it was unprofessional that we had to go through such an ordeal. 2 hours later we still had no hot water & this was 11pm SF time so 2 am NY time.. we were so irate about the inability of this hotel's staff to get the basic things up and running.
In the end, cold shower on 1st night and we just stayed out the week. The rooms were small and the bathroom was even smaller with the wash sink placed outside of the bathroom. a 1st for me. Atleast the room was clean and the staff was warm and welcoming but we didnt have much to do with them, we slept and left for the entire day . The location was in a really good place, a few blocks from union square and shopping.
That was it. Personally, i would not be back there.
Enjoy your stay here maybe your experience will better than ours.
Cheers!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Triton for one night on New Year's eve. I was given a room which I was told would face the main avenue (Grant ave) but in fact faced a back alley. It didn't bother me since I was only staying one night. It did bother me however that even though I had set the heater on max heat, the room still felt very cold. I decided to call the front desk and then realized the phone did not work, so I didn't complain.
The worst part was that when in the middle of the night, I heard very loud noises from right outside my window (turns out there is a loading dock) so the loud banging continued all night, I was unable to sleep and it was a miserable night.
When I mentioned it to the receptionist during check out, she didn't seem concerned or do anything to apologize.
Worst customer service experience and a horrible hotel stay - avoid!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank moniemil
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear moniemil ~ I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad night especially on NYE no less. If there is anything that I can do to help make up for this please don't hesitate to reach out to me. The last thing we want is for this to be the start of your new year. I hope to hear from you.

Till then,