Hotel Triton
$319
$204
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

$159
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$189
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

$189
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$203
$188
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

$182
$166
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

$246
$205
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$179
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$253
$199
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

2,034 results
All reviewschinatown gatejerry garciagreat locationcafe de la pressefunky decorkimpton hotelsfun hotelrooms are smallmini barstreet noisebottle of champagneair conditionertea and coffeeclose to union squarefew blocksthe financial districtking room
Reviewed February 12, 2008

The Hotel Triton is a very unique hotel with some cool features that suit people who are tired of the monotonous lodging choices. My wife and I spent a weekend there and really enjoyed our stay. When you walk into the lobby you'll think you're in a trendy night club. Lots of different colors and cool/colorful lighting accented with eclectic furniture. The rooms the same style.....modern and trendy. They are a little small but we didn't mind at all since most our time was spent enjoying San Francisco.

The things we liked about the hotel:

- The overall style. It's definitely a cool place to stay
- Complimentary happy hours. The first night we had a drink in the lobby while a DJ played before dinner. You don't get that at other hotels.
- Service was great.
- Location

Some cons:

- The free wireless internet. Yes, its free but very slow. You have to pay for premium service but I think that is the only service that works.
- The rooms are on the small side, but like I said that wasn't a big deal for us.

Overall, if you're up for something trendy, modern, and exciting the Hotel Triton is right up your alley.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jt2s147
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Hotel Triton is somewhere I had been wanting to stay for a while and fortunately, a business trip came up that would cover the cost. Yay!

The hotel is on the south edge of China Town on the corner or Bush & Grant. Great location, easy access to taxis and public transport.

The lobby is very cool with an eclectic mix of furnishings and color.

I was upgraded from I don't know what to a king size bed on the 7th floor on the Bush side of the bldg. My co-worker was in a "daybed" on the 3rd floor on the Grant side. He said there was quite a bit of street noise and had a hard time sleeping through it. My room seemed to workout pretty nicely. No street noise, but I did turn on the fan for some "white noise".

The room was pretty modest in size, but very quaintly decorated. I loved it. The bathroom needs some shelving/wall storage next to the sink. The bathroom is small and counter space is minimal, so shelving would have helped. Towels are great - plentiful and fluffy. The TV is pretty small. Someone in another review mentioned a flat screen TV being a good addition and I agree. The honor bar had some good stuff in it, but high prices as typical for something like that.

The business center is a desk next to the check-in counter. Very fast and nice computer though - at $5.99 for 15 minutes of internet time. Doooh....

In the morning, there is complimentary coffe/tea in the lobby. No food. Early evenings is a happy hour, but I could never make it back in time to make. Bummer.

I love San Francisco and if you wanna taste of the funky side, I suggest this hotel. My teenage daughter would love. I would return again....if I could afford it. ;-)

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Genevax
Reviewed February 4, 2008

I love the Hotel Triton! The location is perfect for a weekend getaway in S.F. Immeditaly in front of the gates of Chinatown, it's a short walk downt he street to Union Square. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They make great concierges. I;ve stayed in a few rooms here but loved the Jerry Garcia Suite most. Great Tub!

Just around the corner Belden Lane is tucked away. A great spot if you want a little French Quarter dining. One of the few outdoor dinner spots in the city.

Triton honors the Kimpton happy hour and the guests have wine and visit in the lobby. They often have chair massages avilable and I've seen tarot readers there during happy hour as well.
The hotel is pet friendly & there are water dishes near the door.

This is a really fun place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed January 26, 2008

I booked at the last minute through Priceline and paid $75 per night (versus their standard rate of $200 per night). The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from Union Square and Market Street and also about the same distance from the Montgomery Street BART station. It was about ten minutes to the Ferry building/Embarcadero and also 10-15 minutes through Chinatown to North Beach and the Italian restaurants.

Having booked on Priceline for such a low amount I wasn't expectlng much, but was given an excellent room on the 6th floor. I didn't have any problem with street noise as mentioned in earlier posts. The room was small, with a queen bed and not a lot of room around, but it was more than enough for me. The bathroom was equally cozy, with just a shower although it was well-kept and clean, with Aveda shampoo and lotions too. The sink was in the bathroom; other posts suggest that in some rooms the sink is outside of the bathroom.

The room was well-furnished and clean although I think if they replaced the large cathode ray television with an LCD screen it could then be wall-mounted and the hotel could do away with the large television-and-minibar-containing cupboard, which dominates the small room. Other highlights include a zebra-striped bathrobe (the black stripes on mine were purple, presumably as a result of bleaching while washing), an iPod docking station, reliable WiFi, clean, comfortable white bedding and also the wine/beer hour from 5-6pm. This was really nice to take a couple of beers up to the room after spending the day walking around San Francisco.

I had breakfast at the adjacent Cafe de la Presse which attempts to recreate the ambiance and service of a Parisian cafe, with prices to match.

I think the rack rate charged is too much for this hotel, but if I were to be assigned it again through Priceline or Hotwire then I'd be more than happy.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I live in SF, but due to a scheduling snafu over the holidays (too many parents in town at the same time) we found ourselves in need of a hotel for one night. Priceline, and Hotel Triton to the rescue.

We checked in at midnight and out at 8 AM, pretty short for a hotel stay, but I can say that we had a very restful night, and even managed to find free street parking!

I have stayed in many Kimpton hotels in SF, and agree with the assessments that the interiors here seem a bit tired, but I am also a bit over that particular aesthetic. That said, the location is fabulous if you are visiting from out of town.

Stayed: December 2007