“Nice, but kind of dirty”
Review of Hotel Triton

Hotel Triton
Ranked #67 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago
“Nice, but kind of dirty”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently stayed here for business.

1 star for great location, very close to many things in San Fran. Right outside of China town, great shopping, restuarants and close to the Moscone Center.

1 star for really friendly staff. Everyone was really helpful and polite.

1 star for really cool look. If you love trendy hotels this is for you. They have a wine hour in the lobby every night and also coffee and tea in the morning. Furniture in the lobby is really cool and so is the furniture in the rooms (though the rooms are pretty small). Also in the lobby they play quirky movies from the 80's and 90's which is pretty entertaining.

I'm gonna take 2 stars away because I think the hotel is kind of dirty. They did not do a great job cleaning the room at the end of each day. Did not clean the shower, toliet or the counter tops. Also there was a a small blood stain on the comforter. So kind of gross. Amenties were pretty bad. The snacks in the mini bar were expired, remote was really hard to work on the TV, weird cheetah robe that looks like its never been washed. Felt like it maybe was an old boarding house they remodeled.

Cool hotel, especially if you like trendy and funky. However, if you are looking for more of a home-ie, comfort, clean, updated feeling I would go for a different place. I would most likey not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Stacey F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Triton Hotel is since a couple of years one of my favorite places to stay when I'm in San Francisco. It's so central. It's just a couple of blocks away from Bart Station, Union Square, the Pier's, Financial District.... It's a place, where you feel like coming home. Nice people, wine tasting and fresh cookies in the evening and always something special if you are member of Kimpton Hotels. And - this time - a very funny dog which welcomed me in the morning after coming back from jogging. Just one point - it would be nice to refurbish the Standard rooms. They definitely need an upgrade.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Before my long list of cons, here's a pro:
+ Pretty good location

and the cons:
- very old building and theyve attempted to mask this with really over the top decor, which was just overbearing and way too loud. not the best feng shui..
- fair enough that the entrance is screaming poor design but the rooms too!!? the wall paper in the room is some writing, i assume from some poem or book of some sort, but i tried to read some of it, and it was quite negative, including some obscene words. this just gave the place an even heavier energy
- the room was hot, and when we attempted to open the window, it wouldnt stay up. we had to squeeze something in to hold it up
- windows open or not, all the noise from the street came straight in the room. despite a very late hour, it was still noisy.
- staff were nice enough, but as a previous review put it, a bit overly casual. the night we checked in, we had asked one of them for a place to eat, and just as he was going to reply, another just spoke over him, took over the whole conversation and wouldnt let the other guy say a word. the next morning as we were checking out, there was only 1 guy at reception and he had brought his dog along to work, and every time to doors opened with people coming and going, the dog would either run outside or bother the ppl, so the guy kept interupting his work to run after the dog. lets just say it took a while to get out :)
- they have valet but not in the same building, so each time you need your car, it takes them a good while to go and pick up for you.
- waayyyyy too over priced! we payed over $250 for the night!

i could keep going but you get my point :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sev3
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for business. I am a huge fan of boutique hotels but this one is missing the mark hugely. The staff are friendly if a little overly casual. My room was filthy - carpet around the baseboards looked like it hasn't been vacuumed in months and when the light caught it right there were smears all over the door to the room and the shower walls of god knows what. The bed was OLD (much like the hotel), soft and saggy And if you're wanting a good night's sleep - this isn't the place. I live in a city's downtown and the insane noise kept even me up all night.

Great location but the Hotel Triton is in need of some major TLC.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank vanwhis
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear lindseyturner ~
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your night with us. Trust I have already shared your comments with my housekeeping team to take a good look at the room you were in. We would never want anyone to have to experience the same thing you did. As you can see by the other TA positing this isn't a typical stay for us. If there is anything we can do to make up for it we hope you will reach out and let us make that happen. This can't be the last impression you have of us or San Francisco ~ we hope.

Antonio Flores
antonio.flores@hoteltriton.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic. The service is exceptional and they made sure we enjoyed every moment. From the cards that were personally signed by staff members celebrating our anniversary and my birthday to the late-night restaurant recommendations in Chinatown! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank guccichik
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is eclectic all over. Staff is very friendly. Wine hour was a great place to meet other guests. I had a problem with my shower. The staff was very quick to fix and sent me a bottle of wine for my troubles. Close to so much..food, shopping, fun. I would stay here again when I come back next year. Give this a try. You won't regret it

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks B M ~

We appreciate the kind words. We'll look forward to your visit next year for sure! Reach out once you finalize your plans so we can help make your next visit just a memorable.

Till then,
Antonio Flores
antonio.flores@hoteltriton.com
Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Triton 4 times so thought it about time I shared my experience. The Triton is not the newest or smartest hotel I have stayed in, but it is the best hotel I have stayed in. It is quirky as others described it, location couldn't be better for getting around the city on foot, the staff have not changed much in the 3 years I have been and all are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are all individually decorated, roomy and have all facilities needed, there is a small gym and free wine during happy hour, what more could you want!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business