Our first visit to the TL Presidio in 2011 (previously reviewed) was great and we expected nothing less when we returned.
Actually, I wanted to write a scathing review so no one else would go there as now I have to book 6 months in advance to ensure that I will get a room--but the truth shall set you free so here goes.
The stars of TL Presidio are Raymond (thanks for all of your help on the bummer Yosemite tour), Tyler (the manager with Hawaii ties), Niki, and Bruce. It is as though the staff at TL Presidio were imported from Hawaii. Raymond and the gang truly have the Aloha Spirit. Everyone is very helpful and is genuinely nice. For our family it is the staff that makes or breaks our stay at a hotel/motel.
The TL Presidio is very conveniently situated. At the end of Lombard Street you are in easy walking distance to the #30 Muni line that takes you right to Fisherman's Wharf. From there, hop on a cable car (or Muni bus) and cruise into Union Square. Why pay $25+ for parking. Also within walking distance is Columbus Street which is the new hangout for cool trendy restaurants and boutiques.
The TL Presidio itself an unremarkable property staffed with remarkable people. The premises are kept in excellent repair. The furnishings are current and clean. Parking is a little tight at times, but there are a few secret spaces that you will have to ask about. I won't tell you here.
If you want a fancy hotel with mints on your pillow, this is not the place for you. Spend $500 a night at a hotel in Union Square (and $40 to park your car). If you want a great San Francisco experience with wonderful tips from knowledgable people--there is no better place.
All of the staff are great, but Raymond goes above the call. He recommended a Yosemite day trip for our family and booked it for us. The tour turned out to be a disappointment due to a broken tour bus. The tour company balked at reimbursing us. One call from Raymond and we received a full refund. I doubt a 5-star hotel could have done the same.
Our family has been there twice and the next time we return to the city by the bay we will surely return to the TL Presidio--as long as Raymond and the gang are there.
Aloha from Hawaii,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travel Lodge
- San Francisco Travelodge