The staff in this hotel is fantastic. They gave us most valuable tips and helped us with their knowledge. THe staff saves this hotel from being rated more poor.
The hotel had been chosen after a long search in the Internet and on Trip Advisor. But unfortunately out of all our hotels during the road trip through South West USA this place had the least value for the money.
This place is acceptable as a 50-70 Dollar motel. But the +160 Dollars which they charge and indeed get (they are outbooked) are way overcharged. The reason might be the area in town, but you still need public transport if you want to get to fisherman's warf etc.
Try to stay away from the rooms at the edge (f.e. 105) as these rooms are sold as "double" but can hardly be named "room" as they have only a small window on the far back side and are otherweise without a window.
We will come back to San Francisco but then definately try another place for a better ratio value-price,
The private parking hold only about 14 cars.... all other late commers must leave the car on the road (safe area). The breakfast cannot be called as breakfast even for continental standards..
This hotel is our disappointment of the whole trip to the US.
The staff was the positive surprise and most friendly on our whole trip to the US.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travel Lodge
- San Francisco Travelodge