“Clean, cheap accommodations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Travel Inn
Ranked #181 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
“Clean, cheap accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This place is cheap, clean and has free parking. Our room was quiet and large enough to not feel cramped. Nothing special but what do you expect for the price?

I would recommend this motel to any body looking for accommodation in this price range and location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Dinas Mawddwy, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I can't fault the staff. I was very happy with them, they were helpful and assisted me when I needed it. Sadly the room was pretty gross. The first thing was the pissy smell to it, which the air freshener they'd used didn't hide at all. It was just worn and tatty, there were black marks up the toilet door (someone kicking it shut?). My bath towel even had a hole in it.... I mean, what has someone been doing to it to put a hole in it?! And why use it for new guests... The neighbours were noisy and kept me awake past 2am (I had to leave before 7am to catch my flight), plus I heard a fight at one point. I don't mind staying in the odd grotty place (it was only for one night) but for the price I wish I'd skipped it and stayed somewhere else if I'm honest. Not value for money. Good location though, and if you're a young party goer, I'm sure you can over look the room as you will be out all night (as my neighbours can testify too!!). I just wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a clean, quiet room.....

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The room smelled like wet dog and The bathroom smelled same .Very bad experience!!!The front desk staff try to argue with me and yell at me when I try to complaint about that to him . Very loud from outside traffic. Our TV never worked right, I never come here again.

Stayed June 2014
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I asked for a quiet room and could not have been more pleased. Lombard St can be a little busy but great restaurants are so close. Not 5 stars but if you want to enjoy San Fran and want clean comfortable and close to every thing than this is the place for you. The front desk staff are gold

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

San Fran is not a cheap place to stay. We stayed here for one night due to its good location and cheap price. It's what you'd expect from a budget motel. The bed was clean but the room was very basic and the carpet and some fittings looked old and tired. Can't say I enjoyed my stay but it was a bed in a good location. Other plus points are the free parking and friendly staff. If you want luxury look elsewhere (and pay much more). If you're happy to rough it for a night you'll get an excellent location, free parking and a reasonable nights sleep. You get what you pay for and at the price I paid I can't complain.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

There are a couple of Travelodge Motels close to each other and I am not sure if people are getting them mixed up as the reviews seem very contradictory. This Hotel "Golden Gate" is average at best. It is on a main road and has traffic noise which is common but it also has thin walls and floors and you can hear every footstep. It was reasonably clean but the furnishings are old and the bedding was old and holey. It also has lumpy beds and thin pillows. The towels are old, thin and a bit grey. If you are a light or fussy sleeper this hotel is not for you.

I'm amazed that Travelodge allow this standard.

The only positive is a good location with abundant restaurants.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask for a top floor room as the walls and floors are thin and you can hear...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nichpa2812
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Arriving I thought oh crap what have I done!
But after chatting to the friendly and helpful staff at check in I felt calmed then after entering the room I felt a lot better!
We had a smoking room and as a non smoker I can usually smell anything slightly smoke related but nothing here . Rooms are clean and tidy everything u expect for $95 a night. Centrally located although I still wouldn't be walking to the wharf area,

Stayed June 2014