Civic Center Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel EPIK(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Red Coach Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
Essex Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
The Monarch Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Phoenix Hotel SF(San Francisco)
Cova Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Htl 587(San Francisco)
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
The Opal San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Fitness center
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This hotel smells like urine everywhere. It has a horrible room service and a very noisy place. Never say at this hotel!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank kb24lakers81
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I can think of many more unflattering terms to describe this place but I will stick to terrible. Several years ago I stayed here when it was a Travelodge. At that time it was not a great place but certainly acceptable. This recent experience was not good. I arrived at 1:45 and check in time was 2:00. I could not check in until exactly 2:00. I was twice given rooms that were occupied. Parking although free is not readily availabe. The rear parking is also limited in an alley frequented by vagrants and parking was certainly at your own risk. At least twice a room card was inserted into my door lock late at night. People were hanging out in the open air corridors all night. Most did not appear to be hotel guest. Upon checkout around 8:00am I had to wait 20 minutes for the hotel clerk who I was told by the housekeeping staff was in the rest room. I wanted a receipt for my stay and was informed by the clerk I could not have one, because it was "illegal to give a receipt." Of course that statement was nonsense and unworty of a reply. In my opinion this property is a disgrace to the City of San Francisco. If this was my only San Francisco experience I would never return to the city again and would certainly spread the word.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank calflyer80
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I do not know how some people can rate this hotel more than a one star. I have been travelling for nearly a year and have stayed in many hostels and inns and this is by far the worst one yet. The staff at reception were pretty friendly, this was the only plus side. We took the elevator the to second floor as we had luggage and I seriously had to hold my breath as the smell of urine was so strong. When we entered the room the first thing I noticed was the stains all over the floor and splashed up the walls. This place was filthy dirty. The bathroom was the cleanest part of the room. When we had to sleep that night we noticed the bed was also dirty, had burn holes all through the sheets and a blood stain. We decided to leave that night to get food from Subway just opposite. I have never been so scared. Gangs lined the streets as well as many prostitutes. I did not feel safe at all. Please do not stay here. Pay a little extra just to be safe.

Room Tip: Many rooms brick wall views!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank nickie90uk1
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This hotel is very basic, but a good value and a perfect spot to crash for just a night or two in the city. The location is pretty central, and parking is included (rare in SF). The sheets were clean and decent quality, but our bed did not have a mattress pad (for the bed freaks). The bathroom was clean and the tub/shower decent sized. I stayed here with my boyfriend after I arrived late to SF and we went out in the city, using the room just as a crash pad. We slept well and were not bothered by noise nor did we feel unsafe in the vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vicdub
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The location offers free parking and is conveniently located within walking distance of a lot of downtown San Francisco such as Union Square, China Town, & the Theatre District. With that, it IS downtown San Francisco. A lot of the neighborhoods are a bit rough. The check-in process was horrible. The "manager" was very scatter brained trying to juggle phone calls and one other check-in. After about 45 minutes we were in our room. The bathroom looked newly remodeled and was probably the best part of the room. The room its self was clean but had dents in the walls and was small. The street directly behind us was very heavily traveled by pedestrians. One of which decided to stop for a hit off her crack pipe. Would not suggest families with children to stay at this location. For a little more money I would stay closer to Fisherman's Warf or Union Square. If you're just looking for a room to sleep it's a decent place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends