“Perfect location, and free parking available” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greenwich Inn

Greenwich Inn
Ranked #174 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Perfect location, and free parking available”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

very reasonable priced budget motel with clean rooms, and located midst between Golden Gate Bridge and Downtomd; both are doable by foot (approx 3 Km either way). But one could take a bus as well. My favorite option in San Francisco!
They don't do breakfast, but within 50 meters there is a small shop that has it all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RoP1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Hanford, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We got there early and even though it was way before checkin...like 2 hours early,he still let me check in. Which was nice sinse we had a long drive and wanted to rest a little. The desk had coupons and guides which was a plus. The room was nice and clean and had everything it had advertised. I had no.problems. It was within walking distance to at least 3 restaurants and not a long drive to the pier. Just average traffic... The ONLY DOWNSIDE was the parking. Not.very much and pretty packed. I would recommend it and stay there again. A very good deal and we'll worth the money.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank jjnlina
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A great location, and the price seemed to be the cheapest in the area. However although our room was reasonably clean, our smelled. We did not feel very safe, as someone was (we think a homeless person) banging on all the doors in the middle of the night.

Would consider somewhere else if staying in the area again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Vicky W

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Unfriendly management. Noisy location. Not an option if you want to wake up fresh the next day! Found a 3 star hotel at the same price within 7 mile of this location. Awful breakfast. Poor customer service from the minute we arrived. Very smelly room. Not recommended for families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gullal H
Fernie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were happy to find the location of the hotel exactly where we wanted to be situated - between Union and Chestnut streets, two fabulous locations in San Francisco. Unfortunately this was the only quality about the hotel that was satisfactory. From poor customer service from the minute we arrived, to a very smelly room facing one street and a window facing another, it was very loud and we were only comfortable being in the room to sleep. Also, I was charged twice for my accommodation and have not been reimbursed regardless of my effort, made to feel like it is somehow a mistake on my end. Previously we have stayed at the Cow Hollow down the street - I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FernieKrista
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Booked this hotel based on previous reviews and low comparable costs with others in the city.
Parking was free and we had no problem obtaining a space for the three nights we stayed.
The receptionist was pretty uninterested and tried to charge me again on check in, even though the payment had been made in full when booked but didn't dispute this when I showed him the confirmation.
Our room was basic and clean with a comfortable bed, fridge and TV.
We were advised on check in that the wifi was broken, however later that night we were able to connect and it worked perfectly for the remainder of our stay.
The location was slightly further out than I expected but we walked to both Chinatown and the main piers in 20-40 minutes approximately. There was also many eating options in the vicinity of the hotel.
While the motel was pretty basic, it was clean and comfortable and I feel it offered value for money when compared with some of the alternatives in the city - I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had selected this hotel for its convenience to a client's business in San Fran. I also was concerned over WiFi Internet access for business purpose. When I checked in, there was a sign about the internet. It gave the information and said that there was no password needed to access it.

When I went to my room, I attempted to log on and was unable to do such. The following morning I went to the office and said that I was having a problem with access. The individual there said that there was a problem and such was being worked on. The following day, when I checked out, I again said that i had no WiFi access. The clerk, with a shirk, said: Sorry about that.

I would strongly recommend that they do the honest thing and take down their sign/notice that they have wifi. Management may have such but the guests do not!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business