We had read the reviews before arriving at the hotel, but decided to go ahead anyway. We requested a quiet room at the rear of the hotel, which was granted. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The location was unbeatable. Dated decor wasn't an issue for us. But unfortunately lack of ventilation was. Our day temperature ranged from 15 - 22 degrees, so you would think that lack of air conditioning wouldn't be a problem. We had a ceiling fan but because no air could actually get into the room, this proved quite useless. Would really hate to spend a hot summer night there. And then there was the street noise, even from the back room. Hollering until 2am in the morning one night. Would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco