..........and a hard place. That's where I would put The Wharf Inn. This motel is in a great location. It's near Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, a short walk to Ghiradelli Square, Trolley cars, Cable cars, various restaurants. It is also one of the least expensive motels in the area. But, it definitely has needs. That's the problem. If they sink a lot of money into it then they will have to raise the prices. Another BIG plus is free parking. That just doesn't happen in most cities especially in such a good location. The room clean but worn. The bed was comfortable. The man at check in and the woman at check out were very friendly and helpful. Would I stay there again? I can't honestly answer that question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco