This hotel is all about the location. It is right in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. If your looking for glitz then spend the extra $100 a night or more, but if your priority is being in the heart of the action, this is your place. Once we parked he car, it stayed there for the duration of our trip, except for a short ride to Lombard St. Our family, including our 3 girls (10, 9 and 6) walked to the Alcatraz pier and trolly car line. Yes there are issues around the hotel, and the area in general, but we felt safe in and around the motel. The area was noisy at night, but that's the trade off for the location. Overall, a great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco